DRC International NGO Protection Assistant x2 Jobs in Nigeria
DRC International NGO Protection Assistant x2 Jobs in Nigeria
Introduction The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956 and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Based in Copenhagen (Denmark) and present in forty countries, the Danish Refugee Council is a non-profit-making, politically independent, non-governmental and non-denominational relief organization.
Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced. All our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
Danish Refugee Council (DRC), and its safety unit, has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria is the largest DRC country mission in the West Africa region and one of the largest DRC country missions globally. Currently, DRC delivers life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including internally displaced persons, returnees and host communities in the areas of armed violence reduction, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in northeast Nigeria.
The Protection Assistant, under the supervision of the Protection Officers and Protection team lead, is responsible for the day to day implementation of the various protection activities in the field locations under his/her responsibility. This includes conduct Protection Monitoring, referrals and follow up of referrals, (including establishing referral pathways), identification of IPA beneficiaries and follow up of cases, psychosocial support activities, monitor the protection incentive workers’ work and manage them on a daily basis.
The Protection Assistant will also be responsible for supporting needs and programmatic assessments, supporting the preparation of activity and protection reports and analysis (information collection, community consultations, etc.), identifying and communicating protection concerns in his/her locations, identifying and communicating programmatic needs in targeted locations, supporting the Officers in providing capacity building to key stakeholders, and in collecting and managing project data ensuring the highest standards of data and information protection and confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Protection Team lead, the holder of this position shall perform the following duties:
• Ensure the organization and the implementation of all protection activities at field level in accordance with the agreed Work plan (under the supervision of the Protection Officers and Protection team lead) and the international standards
• Ensure the management of the field protection incentive workers (team and work management)
• Prepare necessary activity
and protection reports (weekly, monthly, ad hoc)
• Participate in conducting needs and programmatic assessments in targeted locations
• Identify and intervene on protection cases in the camps and host communities with technical support from their line manager.
• Refer protection cases to partner agencies and seek to solicit services for them.
• Ensure all protection activities and cases re individually documented, filed and up to date in Kobo.
• Engage with communities directly and create awareness on human rights, child protection, SGBV, and other protection-related topics
• Train community members, partner staff and other local authorities on protection topics
• Identify protection trends and bring this to the attention of the line manager for action planning
• Carry out advocacy and sensitization activities at the field level
• Represent DRC protection in all partner discussions at the field level
• Participate in and actively recruit casual social workers are needed.
• Conduct community meetings, FGDs, and other direct community activities as part of protection monitoring.
• Document all protection activities on Kobo.
• Carry out any delegated activities as assigned by DRC management at the field level including supervision of field bases.
• Manage DRC protection assets assigned to the field of operation.
• Liaise with security officers in DRC to keep up to date on the security situation of the field base at all times.
• Support protection coordinator, the manager with itinerary planning for field visits including donor visits.
• Provide detailed updates of activities within your designated field site.
Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Law, Psychology, Social work, Social Sciences, Counselling, Education, Human Rights, Development Studies or relevant equivalent disciplines.
Knowledge of protection norms, principles, and activities.
Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
Professional fluency in English, Hausa, Kanuri is an added advantage.
Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills – self-motivated individuals, able to take initiative and propose solutions, resilient, positive, and able to work independently.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; DRC International NGO Protection Assistant x2 Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobs in Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.