Dairy Development Authority Senior Dairy Inspector Jobs in Uganda
Dairy Development Authority Senior Dairy Inspector Jobs in UgandaJob Title
: Senior Dairy InspectorReports to
: Director Technical ServicesPosition
: (1)Duty Station
; Mutukura Border PostJob purpose
To inspect milk and milk product export /imports /consignments to ensure compliance with dairy
standards and regulations.Key Functions:
1. Conduct Export /import inspection on time to facilitate trade and ensure safety.
2. Generate statistical data and information for development of database on compliance and
standards improvement strategies and policy development/change.
3. Conduct regular inspection to prevent entry /exit of non-complying milk and milk products.
4. Enforce dairy standards and regulations such as to entry or exit of unauthorized dairy related
5. Ensure that exports /imports have required /relevant documentation.
6. Maintain an effective and efficient system for regulations and enforcement.
7. Maintain systems to address exporter /importer complaints and concerns regarding
adherence to dairy regulations.
8. Improve exporter education and sensitization programs focusing on quality and safety of
milk and milk products.
9. Liaise with Customs officials to ensure that adequate measures are in place to identity
smuggled dairy products and to prevent uninspected products from entering the country.
10. Ensure that the inspection is managed in a hygienic
manner so as not to pose a risk to the
consignments being handled.
11. Ensure that imports /exports are in line with the registration requirements.
12. Compile and submit to the Authority relevant reports and any other required
data/information in a timely manner.
13. Carry out any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.Job Specification
1) Honor’s degree in Dairy Science & Technology or; Honor’s degree in Food Science and
Technology or any relevant Honor’s degree from a recognized university.
2) Post graduate qualification in a related field is a must.
3) Master’s degree in related field is an added advantage.
4) At least 3 - years of relevant working experience.
Interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their
application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of certified academic
credentials and three referees not later than 6th December 2019. to the address below.
Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala
Tel: 0414-343883 / 0414-343901/2
For more detailed job descriptions, please visit our website on: www.dda.or.ug
For those sending the applications online, please merger all your document into one fine,
not exceeding 3mbs