Dairy Development Authority Principal Dairy Development officer Jobs in Uganda
Dairy Development Authority Principal Dairy Development officer Jobs in UgandaJob Title
: Principal Dairy Development officerReports to
: Regional ManagerPosition
: One (1)Objectives of the job:
1) To conduct socio-economic research and surveys within the dairy industry with a view to
establishing trends in milk production, transportation, processing and consumption.
2) To implement research findings for enhancing and increasing milk production.Key functions
1. Conduct surveys and studies to assess and establish technological options in the milk value
chain and recommend appropriate interventions.
2. Mobilize dairy stakeholders for identification of needs, formulation of specific goals and
alternative interventions strategies for the development of the Dairy industry.
3. Initiate, develop and design appropriate programmes aimed at improving animal husbandry
practices and farm business development.
4. Develop and implement strategies and programmes for increasing the consumption of milk
and dairy products.
5. Carry out socio-economic research and surveys relating to marketing and consumption of
milk and dairy products.
6. Manage the dissemination of information regarding the performance of the dairy sector with
regard to production, processing, marketing and consumption.
7. Develop strategies for transporting informal
marketing of milk and milk products.
8. Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of promotion and information dissemination
strategies and programmes.
9. Develop consumer education and sensitization programmes on nutritional benefits of
consumption of milk and milk products.
10. Create, manage and maintain the organization’s information database.
1) Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine or; Honor’s degree in Animal Production,
Technology & Management or any relevant Honor’s degree from a recognized University.
2) Master’s degree in a related field is a must.
3) At least 6- years of working experience of which three (3) years must be at senior level.
Interested applicants who meet the specified job requirements should submit their
application forms, up to date curriculum vitae and photocopies of certified academic
credentials and three referees not later than 6th December 2019. to the address below.
Dairy Development Authority (DDA)
Plot 1, Kafu Rd. Kampala
Tel: 0414-343883 / 0414-343901/2
For more detailed job descriptions, please visit our website on: www.dda.or.ug
For those sending the applications online, please merger all your document into one fine,
not exceeding 3mbs