DAI Senior Compliance Officer Jobs in Zambia
DAI Senior Compliance Officer Jobs in Zambia
Job Details: DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems.
Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation and stability operations, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, HIV/AIDS, avian influenza control, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments.
The Scaling Up Nutrition Program is a cross-ministry and multi-donor program to reduce stunting in Zambia through implementation of the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) 1,000 Most Critical Days Program.
SUN TA provides support and direct technical assistance to sub-national local government departments in target districts to plan, implement, coordinate, and monitor integrated nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific activities to reduce the rate of stunting among Zambian children under two and improve the nutritional status of pregnant and lactating mothers.
USAID has identified two main objectives that address stunting, including (1) Adequate Quantity and Quality of Dietary Intake among Target Groups; and (2) Adequate Health Conditions for Biological Utilization of Nutrients. SUN TA interventions increase access and availability of safe, diverse, nutritious food; adoption of better child feeding and household hygiene practices; and access to improved health, water and sanitation services.
The project prioritizes sustainability by improving intra-household joint decision making and building the capacity of local government and their stakeholders to ensure coordination, accountability, and learning, following the Scaling Up Nutrition model. SUN TA works in 13 districts located in Central, Copperbelt, Luapula and Northern provinces.
The Senior Compliance Officer reports to and assists the Senior Compliance Manager in identifying, prioritizing, and assigning accountability for managing potential threats related to regulatory or policy non-compliance- or ethical misconduct- that could lead to fines or penalties, reputational damage.
The position monitors and ensures compliance with internal rules and regulations at all levels in accordance with DAI and client’s rules and regulations, in order to foster an ethical culture and an environment of high integrity in the interactions amongst staff and stakeholders of SUN TA.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Support Senior Compliance Manager Develop a targeted, risk-based, and coherent annual compliance plan, disseminates the plan to management and core operations teams and ensure strict adherence/implementation of the plan within stipulated timelines.
• Conduct routine internal reviews and investigation of compliance issues to ensure that procedures are followed and prepares detailed findings memorandum for management and advise on next steps.
• Reviews all areas of DAI/SUNTA operations including grants, procurement, stock management, finance, IT, human resources, legal compliance and inventory to identify and mitigate risks.
• Maintains documentation of compliance activities, such as complaints received or investigation outcomes.
• Reviews documentation, such as procurement and human resource records, to ensure there are no violations of standards or regulations.
• Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, adequacy of internal controls, compliance and applicable laws and the safeguard of assets within DAI
• Assists the Senior Compliance Manager plan, perform and reports
back on compliance to ensure that the control environment is sound and other control procedures are in place, properly implemented and managed well on DAI SUN TA project.
• Advises and monitors quality standards and value for money and make recommendations for improvement.
• Tests internal controls, targeting high-risk areas, document any weaknesses and their impact, and make recommendations to address these weaknesses.
• Assists Senior Compliance Manager develop and periodically review and update Standards of Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the Field Operations Manual (FOM) to ensure continuing accuracy and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
• Review documentation on subcontracts and grants to ensure that the overall project implementation complies with USAID and DAI regulations and policies.
• Conducts regular internal program audits, make recommendations and implements follow-up actions with managers and report on implementation status on a regular basis.
• Carries out necessary training of all staff to ensure that USAID/DAI requirements are met.
• Follows up on the implementation of internal and external audit recommendations and management actions.
• Where necessary, carries out investigations of alleged fraud, mismanagement, loss of assets or any other investigation as assigned by supervisor.
• For each assignment, prepares a written report to present findings and conclusions to the Chief of Party.
• Responds to management queries in relation to DAI internal control environment.
• Regular visits to monitor all district activities, field trainings to meet with trainings’ participants, beneficiaries and conduct on-site checks
• Collaborates with Internal and External Auditors
• Perform integrity checks on procurement, inventory management and field expense reports
• Perform other related duties as assigned and agreed upon.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Senior Compliance Officer directly reports to the Senior Compliance Manager.
• ACCA/CIMA, B.A. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
• Must have current Associate Membership of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
• 5+ years of relevant experience in an Auditing and/or Compliance position.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience supporting USAID-funded projects, deep knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated understanding of applicable finance-related USG contracting regulations.
• Accuracy in working with large amounts of data.
• Ability to respond effectively to the time
sensitive inquiries and maintain confidentiality.
• Experience with enterprise accounting software, and Microsoft office suite.
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
• An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
• Able to maintain good working relationships with team members while retaining high levels of confidentiality and discretion.
• Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; DAI Senior Compliance Officer Jobs in Zambia
Find daily jobs in Zambia. Jobs - Zambia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Zambian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Zambia.
Jobs in Zambia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Zambia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Zambia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best Africa Jobs.