Cycle Connect Head of Credit and Growth Jobs in Uganda
Cycle Connect Head of Credit and Growth Jobs in Uganda
Job SummaryWe are looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to lead our Credit and Marketing department through rapid growth and continuous change.
You will lead the company’s main business line- credit- and therefore your responsibilities will be vast and expectations will be high.
As part of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) you will play a crucial role in strategy, annual planning, and steering company performance.
You will directly report to the Managing Director and frequently meet with the CEO, while simultaneously leading the operations for our 20+ field team personnel.
Our growth and aspirations are tied to the success of this position and your follow through.
Management (40%), you will:
● Work with our two branches, Gulu and Lira, including monitoring financial performance, portfolio quality, growth, and market penetration.
● Ensure that the growing field team, consisting of at least 20 members, is adequately performing against targets.
● Work across departments to ensure smooth implementation of policies and initiatives.
● Train and develop direct reports, as well as ensure that branches are executing on this for all field officers.
Portfolio Performance (30%):
● Analyse financials to ensure costs are sustainable across all levels, revenue adequately matches performance, and daily cash flow fully reconciles across systems.
● Supervise and control implementation of the regional growth strategy and expansion plans in line with the approved budget and timelines.
● Monitor key metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure the team is on track and the portfolio is in good standing.
● Proactively analyse and evaluate portions of the portfolio that need additional attention.
● Ensure the team is following the credit policies and procedures across all levels, including proper risk management, loan monitoring, and portfolio segmentation.
● Develop credit strategy and risk management policies where needed.
● Work with branches to ensure sales goals are being hit or exceeded.
● Seek new market opportunities, including both within Northern Uganda as well as new region expansion.
● Serve as liaison to external partners for marketing and sales opportunities.
Company Growth and Strategy (30%), you will:
● Work with the managing director to think through and refine key strategic initiatives that will ensure Cycle Connect moving towards scalability and branch profitability.
● Serve as a member of the Cycle Connect Senior Leadership Team and contribute to annual and multi-year plans through proactive analysis and scrutiny.
● Own the Credit and Marketing departmental budget, including drafting targets, identifying personnel needed, and targeting areas of improvement.
● Keep up to date with sector trends and analyse when Cycle Connect should test or consider new opportunities.
● Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports to
the managing director on the performance of the region and key issues that require the attention of management
Who are we looking for:
● You have at least 7 years of experience in credit management, including at a microfinance.
At least three years in leadership managing a team or department across multiple
You have at least two years of experience in agriculture credit.
● You have led a team in rapid growth and expansion efforts.
● We are ambitious and believe you should be, too. You push boundaries and strive for top results.
You are able to motivate a team to achieve and surpass set goals.
● You have direct experience with rural farming communities and a passion for serving them through social business and impact-led work.
● You have strong analytical skills, including advanced Excel skills.
● You believe decisions need to be backed up by data, not just a narrative- you push your teams to deliver on this.
● You have past results leading in uncertain environments.
● You believe that markets are made to be disrupted and can think creatively of new ways to fill a market gap.
● You bring a proven ability to build structure proactively, including the experience to demonstrate it
● You know what it means to coach and develop team members, including managers and
supervisors who oversee implementers.
● You’re a self-starter who is excited about working in a fast-paced and start-up environment.
● You act with humility, know how to listen and make yourself accessible to those you work with.
Your leadership style is to entrust others, empower them and leverage your team in decisions and implementation
● You believe learning is constant and you inculcate a learning culture in those you work
● You have had responsibility for a significant budget, including taking decisions for investment and re-allocations.
Work location will be in Gulu, with frequent travel to our branch in Lira. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Additional benefits include health insurance, and professional development.
We will agree on a 6-month probation period with learning and performance objectives after which we offer a two year contract.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Cycle Connect Head of Credit and Growth Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.