CURE International, Inc ENT Surgeon / Otolaryngologist Jobs in Zambia
CURE International, Inc ENT Surgeon / Otolaryngologist Jobs in ZambiaJob Details
: Your profession is what you’re put on this earth to do! CURE offers unique opportunities for you to use your passion, skills, and talents for a greater purpose. Whether serving at one of our international hospitals, or in the U.S. at the Mission Support Center, our employees delight in using their professional skills to heal children, both physically and spiritually. We invite you to explore opportunities to join our team!
CURE has an exceptional opportunity for an ENT Surgeon at its hospital in Zambia. The ENT Surgeon is responsible for managing the ear, nose, and throat service, including an audiological service. The ENT Surgeon provides a primary, secondary and tertiary medical, surgical and rehabilitative service for patients with ear and hearing disorders, which includes screening activities and hearing assessments; medical treatment of ear infections, and other ear, nose and throat conditions; ENT surgery with a focus on ear surgery; supervision of aural rehabilitation and the fitting of hearing aids; and the training of primary and advanced ear, and hearing care of healthcare workers on various levels. The ENT Surgeon works closely with the government to improve ear and hearing care at the national level and cooperates closely with partner programs. .
• Conduct ENT clinics at the CURE Hospital and other assigned clinics/hospitals with a focus on treating and preventing ear and hearing disorders.
• Perform microscopic ear examinations, rhinoscopies, pharyngoscopies, laryngoscopies, and the interpretations for appropriate management and referral, if needed.
• Identify, assess, diagnose, manage auditory-balance, and neural system disorders.
• Complete professional interpretation of the results of audiological findings.
• Maintain close cooperation with the audiologist, audiologist technician, ENT nurses, physician team, theater and ward nurses, and other team members.
• Provide supervision to the team members of the ENT clinic.
• Complete ENT surgeries, especially in the field of otology.
• Provide counseling for personal adjustment and discussion on the effects of hearing loss and the potential benefits to be gained from surgery and/or audiological rehabilitation and hearing aids.
• Provide supervision to audiological rehabilitation including speech reading, communication management, language development, auditory skill development, and counseling for psychosocial adjustment to hearing loss for persons with hearing loss and their families/caregivers.
• Provide case management and service as a liaison for the consumer, family, and agencies to monitor ear and audiologic status and management and make recommendations about educational and vocational programming
Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following:
• Medical degree (MD or DO) from a qualified, recognized medical institution.
• Board certification, or board eligible, preferred.
• Current and unrestricted medical license.
• Two (2) years of experience in a private or hospital practice.
• Competency and proficiency in ENT surgical procedures.
• Experience in the developing world strongly preferred.
• Moderate ability with the English language required, fluency preferred. Fluency in one of the local language(s) may also be required depending on the location.
• Passionate about the mission of CURE and support our Statement of Faith
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; CURE International, Inc ENT Surgeon / Otolaryngologist Jobs in Zambia
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.