Copperbelt University Senior Lecturers-Travel and Tours Jobs in Zambia
Copperbelt University Senior Lecturers-Travel and Tours Jobs in Zambia Job Purpose Performing teaching duties full-time, parallel undergraduate programmes and short courses.
After developing graduate level courses staff will teach, supervise research projects.
Undertaking original individual and collaborative research leading to significant advances in the field of specialization and producing regular outputs in local and international publications, especially refereed conferences and journals.
Collaboration with peers based at other universities and academic institutions and keeping abreast of recent advances in their respective field.
Supervising Hospitality and Tourism students in their practical work at Copperbelt University hotel and restaurant facilities. .
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform teaching duties which include teaching a wide variety of undergraduate/postgraduate courses, including short courses. Invigilation of examinations including tests tutorials and seminars; supervise theses, dissertations, practical work and placements; mentoring on projects and other academic activities, as well as promote academic well-being and growth of students.
• Assess students on a continuous basis, set and mark, assignments, test and examination papers (including theses and dissertations within established time frames and seek to improve their teaching performance through, appropriate means, including giving due consideration to feedback from students, peers and heads of departments.
• Undertake original individual and collaborative research leading to significant advances in their field and ensure publication in national or international refereed conferences and journals and books and maintain contacts and collaboration with peers in other institutions and keep abreast of recent advances in industry and the academic study of Tourism and cognate subjects.
• Through the Head of Department/Programme Coordinator, advise the University on the acquisition of resources needed for teaching and research and collaborate with the Head and other members of the department in drawing up and implementing the school's strategic plan/objectives, annual budgets and plans, developing courses and teaching materials and innovative teaching methods.
• Participate in the organisation of courses in the area of specialization in collaboration with other staff.
• Participate in a collegial manner in the administration of academic affairs at department/school and university levels. Be responsible for delivering a high-quality learning environment for students and contributing to the development of new and exciting courses at both under graduate and postgraduate levels.
• Be involved in module preparation and delivery; contribute specialist topics to other modules, dissertation supervision, developing the curriculum, industrial liaison as well as research.
• Create new research groups in the department and work with colleagues to build both research capacity and deliver impact.
• Strive to inspire and motivate students and colleagues by keeping abreast of classical and current knowledge of practical and theoretical issues in areas of specialization.
• Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Dean and/or the Vice-Chancellor from time to time.
Required Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
• Be able to demonstrate Academic and Professional Leadership, presenting and communicating information
• Business Awareness
• Grade 12 or Form V Certificate with Five 5 'O' level Credits or better including English Language and Mathematics.
• Basic university degree BA, BSc or equivalent
• Postgraduate qualification - MA, MSc or equivalent
• A PhD in relevant field
• Show high levels of expertise with regards to leadership development
• Must show proof of active membership and Registration with a Professional body in Zambia where applicable Teaching/training leadership development/leadership coaching experience at a reputable higher education institution, locally or internationally
• Proof of researched supervisory experience
• Published articles in accredited, peer-reviewed journals
• Not less than five (5) years practical experience
How to Apply
Individuals meeting the above requirements should submit their letters of applications, accompanied by detailed CVs and copies of academic and professional certificates. Applicants are to include three (03) names and addresses of referees, two of whom should be professionally acquainted with the applicant. Electronic application should be emailed to:
email@example.com and physical application to:
Jambo Drive, Riverside
PO Box 21692
Closing date is Friday 31st July, 2020.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.