Concern Worldwide Workshop Manager Jobs in Ethiopia
Concern Worldwide Workshop Manager Jobs in EthiopiaJob Id
: Automotive, Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain Location
: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa Career Level
: Senior Level (5+ years experience) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: 28,577 – 34,179Job Description
Under the direct supervision of immediate Supervisor and in co-ordination with all Fleet staff, the incumbent shall perform the following duties:
1. Supervise Scheduled Maintenance & Repair with a special emphasis on preventative maintenance to prevent expensive component overhaul and reconditioning.
2. Ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient manner with the ultimate objective to ensure that all vehicles and generators are maintained to a high standard and roadworthy condition.
3. Prepare preventative maintenance service schedules for all Addis based vehicles/generators and track the service plan accordingly.
4. Oversee workshop materials and tools for the operation of Addis workshop and in particular the controlling, justification and issuing of Spare Parts, tyres, lubricants & consumable materials.
5. Assist in the forecasting and requisitioning of spare parts. Preparation of orders for spare parts tyres and materials required for the operation and submit these requests for the approval of the line manager.
6. Carefully record and maintain records of all Tools & Workshop Equipment.
7. Provide oversight and supervision to all workshop staff and ensure that the work is carried out to a satisfactory standard as required by the Organisation, including strict time-keeping
8. Manage the control and cost effectiveness of the vehicles and prepare recommendations for write-offs when older vehicles present with costly repairs.
9. Investigate means to constantly reduce the operational costs of the Fleet pertaining to maintenance activities.
10. Using VMRS (Vehicle Maintenance & Reporting Standards), Reason-For-Repair, Work-Done, and Analyse Data to improve maintenance and recommend modifications to solve technical problems.
11. Responsible for the supervision of tyres and battery replacement management which include maintenance practices, controlling mechanisms and performance monitoring.
12. Ensure that proper workshop administration, record keeping & vehicle service and maintenance history records are well maintained via the Fleet Management System.
13. Ensure that timely accurate data is entered into the fleet report tool
14. Manage and ensure that all reports and information as required by the Organisation are produced promptly and that all work carried out in the workshop is accurately costed and sent to accounts department on time in report form for monthly costing to programmes.
15. Ensure that all work carried out in the workshop is accurately recorded in the maintenance history files for each equipment.
16. Responsible for the supervision of Oil & Lubricants to ensure that the quality of the supply of lubricants are of the best quality available in accordance to standards set.
17. Implement best Practices established and ensure that KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) are maintained with parameters set.
18. Ensure that minimum Health and Safety requirements are met in full, together with considerations for environmental needs.
19. Ensure the
workshop and surrounding area are kept clean and tidy.
20. Responsible to ensure that all staff (Persons Reporting) carries out their duties in accordance to their Job Descriptions.
21. Continuously collect and collate valuable data or information relating to improvements required for Standardisation and Development purposes for workshop Management and communicate this information to other transport staff in the Fleet Section.
22. Share experiences gained with other staff members including field office mechanics and strive towards creating good team building and a harmonious atmosphere.
23. Travel occasionally, as required by the Organisation and provide technical support to field office mechanics and assist the field office while assessing in house and out of house vehicle maintenance workshops.
24. Coach generator operators/security staff and ensure they are fully aware of the basic procedure to operate office and team house generators. Ensure that a Concern mechanic visits each generator weekly to monitor service time and general condition.
25.Perform any other relevant duties as requested by immediate SupervisorJob Requirements Bachelor’s degree in automotive, Fleet Management or other related fields of study.
At least eight years’ experience in workshop management as supervisor lever.
Ability to perform major mechanical works and familiar with Toyota vehicles
Ability to multi-task
Excellent communication, coaching, negotiation and reporting skill
Excellent knowledge of basic computer applications
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Apply in person at our Office in Addis Ababa or Kombolcha
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy.
These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them.
In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment.
By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
What we offer
A competitive salary and benefit package
Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
20 days annual leave
26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18weeks(unpaid) parental leave
Concern Worldwide Workshop Manager Jobs in Ethiopia