Concern Worldwide Fleet manager Jobs in Ethiopia
Concern Worldwide Fleet manager Jobs in EthiopiaJob Id
: Automotive, Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain, Management Location
: Addis Ababa with frequent field travel, Addis Ababa Career Level
: Senior Level (5+ years experience) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: 28,577 – 34,179Job Description Management of a high performing team of head office transport staffs
Creating a positive working environment in which continuous improvement, service–mindedness, transparency and open communications are key values.
Ensure the transport functions in Head office effectively support programs and meet the needs to a satisfactory standards
Functional & responsibilities
1. Ensure all authorized vehicles users are using the resources according to the transport rules and procedures.
2. Manage all concern drivers and act as their representative and spokesman in matters of importance to them.
3. Manage all Concern employed drivers and hired car drivers to ensure they are completing their daily activities correctly.
4. Ensure all vehicle Log sheets are being correctly recorded to capture all vehicle movement and information is being transferred correctly to transport monthly report.
5. Ensure Concern’s vehicles are serviced/maintained as per Concern’s vehicle maintenance standards and proper vehicles preventive service schedule tracking system is in place for Head office vehicles and generators.
6. Ensure all authorized vehicle operators/drivers have valid driving license and maintain scanned copy of driving license for each drivers/vehicles operates
7. Responsible for office and rented vehicles refueling function and ensure vehicles are refueled as per Concern’s fuel management procedures.
8. Produce monthly fuel utilization reports and ensure all refueled information is captured in each vehicles logbook and reconciled with fuel invoice.
9. Conduct quarterly fuel consumption test for all Head office vehicles and establish standard fuel consumption rate for each vehicle.
10. Maintain proper documentation/file for all Concern vehicles including title certificate, insurance details, and maintenance expenditures.
11. Establish smooth relationship with external transport service suppliers like: vehicle rental companies, freight service and maintenance service providers to obtain efficient and effective services.
12. Establish and maintain database for potential transport service providers like: freight service, maintenance service and vehicles rental service
13. Advise the management to choose cost effective and safe transportation systems from available alternatives.
14. Provide remote and on-site technical support/advise to field offices TPT & Logs officers
15. Actively participate in recruitment of drivers so as to ensure skilled and competent drivers are hired.
16. Ensure all rented vehicle drivers are familiar with Concern transport policy and standards
17. Ensure all operational office vehicles are covered under comprehensive and compulsory third party motor Insurance
18. Manage accident claims for all Concern vehicles in line with Insurance’s accident claim policy
19. Monitor vehicles tracking system on daily base and forward any irregularities to the management for administrative action
20. Ensure Head office vehicles are annually inspected and entitled for road worthy certificate from ERTA
21. Ensure long term contracts are renewed timely including freight, taxi service companies, vehicles rental and vehicles tracking- GPS company
22. Ensure service payment like: vehicles maintenance, taxi and freight payments are paid timely with proper documentation.
23. Ensure tyre and battery replacement are tagged and tracked throughout the life
24. Establish vehicles Insurance renewal tracking system so as to monitor each vehicles insurance renewal period
25. Ensure and implement health and safety standards are meet for all owned and rented vehicles.
26. Produce monthly consolidated fleet report for all Concern owned vehicles and ensure the report highlight the 7 KPIs
27. Prepare quarterly Country’s fleet utilization report
28. Monitor Head office transport budgets like: fuel, repair and maintenance expenditures
29. Manage the request and authorization of Taxi hire for Head Office.
30. Compile and submit monthly Head office Taxi bills.
Bachelor’s degree in automotive, Logistics Management, Fleet Management or other related fields of study.
At least eight years’ experience in transport operation management as supervisor lever.
Ability to multi-task
Excellent communication, coaching, negotiation and reporting skill
Excellent knowledge of basic computer applications
Mechanics background in vehicle maintenance, knowledge of country road traffic rules, familiar with custom rules and regulation
How to Apply
A competitive salary and benefit package
Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
20 days annual leave
26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18 weeks(unpaid) parental leave
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Apply in person at our Office in Addis Ababa or Kombolcha
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy.
These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them.
In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission.
Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment.
By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Women are highly encouraged to apply
Concern Worldwide Fleet manager Jobs in Ethiopia
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Ethiopia.