Concern Officer - Education Jobs in Kenya
Concern Officer - Education Jobs in Kenya
Job Summary: The Officer- Education - Urban Programme will be responsible for supporting the manager in the technical and quality implementation of the programme in Nairobi County.
Specifically, S/he will ensure the programmes is aligned with the technical strategy of the Ministry of Education, this will entails application of appropriate tools, templates and strategies of the education sector.
You will be responsible for timely and quality delivery of education programme in a region of Nairobi county
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Programme Management and Delivery
Substantially contribute in the development of Nairobi annual and quarterly programme work plan and budget that is aligned to the project and Ministry of Education.
• Effectively represent Concern in Technical Working Groups (TWG) and articulate technical strategy and approach to the urban education programme daily implementation activities.
• Translate the quarterly programme work plans into area detailed implementation plan for action
• Develop and implement a coherent procurement plan for project inputs with relevant administrative departments
• Guide implementation to ensure programme inputs and activities produce outputs and outcomes
• Train and provide supportive supervision to Field Officers or Local Partners to implement education services
• Use System Strengthening Approach to work with community structures Sub county MOE and TSC offices to improve: curriculum delivery; management of schools; Life Skills Education Child to Child approach
• Train and provide supportive supervision to Field Officers to facilitate communities to apply Community Conversation technique to address barriers to quality education for Most Vulnerable Children
• Undertake monitoring visits together with Ministry of Education (MOE) and Teachers Service Commission (TSC) officers and institute corrective and follow-ups actions for quality education programme.
• Train Field Officers on data collection approaches/platforms and tools based on Concern Worldwide and education sector approved formats
• Working closely with M&E collate and analyze area specific education programme data/information to inform technical inputs of the urban programme
• Draft quality monthly and quarterly report in approved organizational and donor templates for the assigned areas.
• In partnership with Communications/M&E develop compelling case studies, technical briefs and lessons learnt and best practices briefs to inform programming implementation quality and fundraising
• Ensure the technical implementation of the urban programme In the assigned areas is in compliance with donor requirements and MOE/ TSC policies and guidelines
Influencing and Coordination
• Represent Concern in County and sub county Education forums, workshops and other relevant meetings to advocate and keep abreast with trends and developments in the sector
• Show case and present concern works and technical approach in these forums. Market system strengthening approach to MOE, TSC and Civil Society actors at sub-county level
• Contribute substainly in the technical domain during development of programme strategies, concept notes and proposals to expand the
Human Resource Management
Responsible for the day to day management of community development facilitators/field officers
Manage and oversee the performance management of Field officers. This will ensure, setting of performance objectives and execution, orientating staff to their roles and organization policies, staff appraisal, mentorship, supportive supervision and training of staff,
Support Field Officers to uphold highest standards of accountability
Foster a spirit of teamwork and collegiality among supervised staff and the communities in the assigned areas. This will entail clear communication using appropriate channels and means
Responding to Emergencies:
Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary.
Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies.**
Concern Code of Conduct and Associated Policies
To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in Concern’s Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern’s Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies to their team, partner organizations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment
To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for exploitation and abuse in Concern programme
A Degree in Education or relevant field
At least five (5) years’ experience in primary education programmes for vulnerable children with a focus in literacy and numeracy; and Girls’ education**
Experience in promoting Science Technology, Engineering and Math among girls **
At least three (3) years’ experience Child Protection programming for most vulnerable children **
Working knowledge in alternative education pathways e.g. catch up and TVET
Experience in application of Child to Child approach in Life Skills development
Demonstrate understanding of gender equality, HIV and AIDS and Disaster Risk Reduction
Knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and related procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices
Strong monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, reporting and communication skills
Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
Proficient in the use of computer and applications
Fluent in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
Exceptional analysis and report writing skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send their CV and Cover Letter Only to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Officer - Education' by Friday 18th September 2020
Each application should include three (3) referees who can validate technical expertise.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.