Church World Service General Services Officer Jobs in Uganda
Church World Service General Services Officer Jobs in Uganda
Primary Purpose This position is primarily responsible for the general services activities of the Kampala sub-office, ensuring that the Janitor, Drivers, Property officer and Procurement Assistant are adhering to CWS RSC Africa’s policies and procedures. The position is responsible for direct oversight of the General Services department, which includes Property, Procurement and Transport.
This position directly supervises the Janitor, Drivers, Property Officer and Procurement Assistant. This position reports directly to the Kampala sub-office Administration Supervisor.
Provides direct supervision, training, and feedback to Property, Procurement and Transport staff members.
Ensures adherence to policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure the
accountability, transparency, and efficiency of RSC Africa, and to ensure compliance with the
Cooperative Agreement, relevant United States Government (USG) and CWS policies.
Oversees the process of monthly projections, including procurement, travel projections and
property issues, and ensures compliance with US government requirements
Ensures that relevant SOPs are routinely updated, stored, and disseminated electronically and via in person training sessions.
Works closely with the Administrative Supervisor to plan work, resolve issues, conduct root cause analysis, and ensure systems improvements
Supports General Services with budget preparation
Works closely with the Finance Manager and Administration Supervisor to perform regular
Ensures General Services division’s compliance with Fileserver organization and group email protocols
Ensures that SOPs for the General Services department is always up to date with Senior
Management Team directives, and in line with RSC Africa security policy and that the general
services staff receive relevant security training
Plans and executes annual process reviews for the Janitor, Drivers and the Procurement Officer.
Ensures there is an organized and robust training strategy for the General Services Division, inclusive of targeted capacity building to increase professional skills of General Services positions
Supports with property management and/or landlord concerns in Kampala
Ensures cost-effective use of RSC Africa human and financial resources, including a monthly
review of expense reports and financial projections with the Finance and Admin Assistant
Supervises the requisition, maintenance, and inventory of expendable and non-expendable
Provides Quality Control checks on Purchase Orders to ensure correct budget line allocation
and that all information and supporting documents are adequate and correct
Reviews all contractual agreements for goods and services, equipment and insurance, and maintains copies of all relevant contracts
Ensures that all adequate insurance is arranged for all property and personnel and other
liabilities in accordance with US and Ugandan laws
Ensures that adequate inventory levels are maintained for all supplies
Liaises regularly with the property management company to ensure services are delivered and accounted for properly
Other duties that may be assigned to enhance the quality
and efficiency of the administration of operational programs to attain program objectives and maintain the high professional standards of RSC Africa and CWS
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Public
Administration or a related field is required.
• Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience, with three (3) years preferred, with an international NGO in a similar position required.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience required.
• Knowledge of Ugandan laws and customs preferred.
• Experience with overseas processing or US refugee resettlement preferred.
• Strong computer skills, in particular Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Access required.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills.
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
The General Services Officer must have the ability to:
• Serve as a coach/mentor to staff;
• Supervise staff to ensure policies and procedures are implemented and executed in accordance with guidelines and standard operating procedures;
• Exercise good judgement and seek guidance as appropriate when confronted with unanticipated
• Travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and often under difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic program;
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
• Follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
• Deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees
and members of the general public;
• Conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC
Africa and CWS;
• Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
• Carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
• Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
• Take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe;
• Maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
• Work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
• Effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources; and
• Actively contribute to the overall successful implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Church World Service Administrative Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.