ChildFund International Business Development Manager Jobs in Uganda
ChildFund International Business Development Manager Jobs in UgandaJob Summary The Business Development Manager will support ChildFund International's overall grant acquisition and management strategy and lead the development and realization of the resource mobilization strategy in the country. .
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement the Country resource mobilization strategy by actively participating in the preparation of the Country Office plans and budgets to ensure conformity with the country strategic plan and organisational grant acquisition strategy.
• Coordinate and lead market study, donor mapping and country office capture plan to ensure strong fundraising pipeline.
• Identify and analyze funding opportunities originating in the country and scope potential partnerships to complement and strengthen the country office's program portfolio. Gather relevant and timely intelligence information necessary for grant acquisition; identify grant opportunities and relevant institutional guidance materials to share with relevant departments.
• Identify key stakeholders and networks relevant to priority pipeline opportunities for effective prepositioning
• Support the country office to engage in strategic partnerships with civil society, INGOs, UN and government entities as appropriate, to maximize the use of our resources for the implementation of quality programs.
• Effectively communicate the organization's strategies, cultivating and managing donor/partner relationships, and providing opportunities for cooperation, networking, alliance-building, and learning and knowledge management across ChildFund's work.
• Ensure business processes are in place to ensure quality proposal development in compliance with donor requirements and ChildFund's Business Development Policy, Procedures and Practices.
• Lead in proposal writing and support with budgeting in compliance with the donor requirements. Ensure adequate staffing and cost recovery is included in grant budgets and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure the right resources are available to deliver quality programs.
• Develop and maintain a knowledge management system for tracking opportunities from capture to award including maintaining a repository of proposal development templates, pre-award tools, program concepts, capacity statements, proposal templates, pricing tables etc.
• Lead the management of the knowledge database to ensure information is shared among the technical team, field program and other concerned staff, to capture new opportunities and track the ongoing grants.
• Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with Child fund's Child Safeguarding Policy.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least 7-10 years’ experience in Business Development and/or grant acquisition and management preferable in an International development organization. Demonstrated experience in fundraising and donor's expectation management.
• Familiar with a business environment with proven knowledge of commercial co-venture laws, IRS sponsorship regulations, unrelated business income tax issues, and other applicable legal and accounting rules.
• Demonstrable proposal writing and budgeting competencies with evidence of successful awards in the past 5 years from major donors.
• Proven ability to manage teams and work in a demanding environment.
• Excellent presentation, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
• Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Organized, detail-oriented, team player, self-starter and results oriented individual Master's Degree in public relations/business development or other relevant area. Experience in fundraising/investor relations /marketing or closely related discipline or equivalent relevant work experience would be considered.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your application including detailed Curriculum Vita, academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR
CHILD FUND INTERNATIONAL
P.O BOX 3342 KAMPALA
OR Hand deliver to ChildFund Country Office located on Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road P.O.Box 3341, Kampala
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted. ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2020.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.