Cheshire Services Uganda Project Manager Jobs
Cheshire Services Uganda Project Manager JobsGeneral Duties: The Project Manager will play a leadership role in providing technical support in the planning, execution and direct supervision of implementation of the project work plans to ensure effective delivery of the project in accordance with the project design and the contractual requirements by the donor.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
• Directly manage the implementation of project activities to realize IE project outputs and outcomes.
• Planning of activities, tracking and ensuring that expenses are in line with the budget
• Work closely with the partners to ensure effective use of resources
• Development of various training plans, modules, methodologies and monitoring practices
• Plan and deliver capacity building trainings for teachers, local leaders, care givers and district authorities in collaboration with the relevant inclusive education specialists.
• Identify, establish networks and maintain effective relationships with other partner organizations and government line agencies/departments in the district
• Monitor and report on activity progress.
• Work with the other organization teams implementing Inclusive Education to promote synergy and inter-project learning
• Instruct and monitor the project team performance, attitude and discipline. Participate in appraisal of the project team
• Support the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to develop project monitoring tools to aid data collection.
• Lead the project reporting function and liaise with the project team to ensure timely and accurate reporting on activity, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Identify and network with other organizations, community leaders and government agencies engaged in disability and education as a way of ensuring leverage and their active participation in the project.
• Identify areas for capacity building among project team and develop training plans and materials for staff capacity building
• Facilitate and supervise activities concerning participatory, formulation and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation plan
• Participate in meetings and workshops relevant to the organization goals from time to time
• Adhere to Safeguarding policies and related policies and standards
• Identify, report and document cases of safeguarding
• Creating awareness on Safeguarding and child protection for all beneficiaries and in the community.
• Liaise with the safeguarding designate focal person on any emerging safeguarding issues.
• Plan, integrate and implement safeguarding activities.
• Follow up all cases of abuse as well as timely response and resolution of the cases of abuse.
• Developing others
• Strategic thinking and planning
• Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
• Strategic networking
• Results orientated
• Managing resources
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in development studies or related field.
• Five years of experience in community development.
• Project M&E support and compile/review quality donor reports.
• Prior experience in designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection, including social impact assessment, desk review, interviews and field work.
• Working knowledge and experience of effective financial and budgetary control and supporting projects to stay on course with implementation.
• Knowledge of the local language is an advantage.
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to
Deadline: 31st July 2020
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.