CHAI Senior Coordinator - Diagnostic Services Jobs in Uganda
CHAI Senior Coordinator - Diagnostic Services Jobs in Uganda
Purpose of the PositionThe Senior Coordinator, Diagnostic Services plays a major role in strengthening the diagnostic arm of the INCD program.
The Senior Coordinator will play a cross-cutting role in program coordination and implementation, interfacing directly with internal and external stakeholders and coordinating execution against complex global and in country work plans.
This person will take a lead role in coordinating the implementation of the diagnostic projects and managing donor deliverables in a multi-faceted team setting.
They will be expected to rapidly learn key technical content and understand the technical resources available to the program, and then serve as an internal resource for support in reaching the program’s goals.
The Senior Coordinator will provide technical support to the Uganda Ministry of Health, Uganda National Health Laboratory Services, AIDS Control Program and National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program to enhance access to optimal diagnostics for people affected by HIV, TB, Cancer and other non-infectious diseases.
The Senior Coordinator must be a highly motivated individual with deep passion and commitment to achieving the program’s ambitious goals for INCD prevention and control.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated project management experience, communication, and analytical skills; be able to problem solve; and be able to prepare clear donor deliverables.
The ideal candidate must have a strong commitment to excellence, be results-driven, solution-oriented, and get things done. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with an ability to think creatively and work effectively in an entrepreneurial environment.
The Senior Coordinator must be able to function independently and flexibly, solving problems as they arise.
This role requires strong relationship management skills.
Working closely with the Ministry of Health (MoH), partners and relevant technical working groups or committees, the Senior Coordinator, Diagnostic Services will:
• Provide MoH, Uganda National Health Laboratory Services, AIDS Control Program, National Tuberculosis and Leprosy Program and other programs with applied analytics support for decision making including scenario modeling, cost-benefit analyses, and any other quantitative support required
• Support Uganda National Health Laboratory Services to implement strategic and integrated diagnostic programs such as HIV, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis, Human papillomavirus (HPV) testing to improve integrated patient management
• Support MoH/UNHLS to build capacity for key diagnostic multiplexing and integrated laboratory diagnostics
• Coordinate operational pilots for HIV, HPV and TB testing services to demonstrate the cost effectiveness and impact of new products/service delivery models on patient outcomes and support data analysis and writing of evaluation reports
• Support MoH to conduct the HIV Testing Services (HTS) optimization activities in collaboration with key stakeholders
• Support analyses of policy and regulatory landscape to make recommendations and support any policy revisions that may be required to ensure the smooth introduction of the optimal diagnostic products
• Support MoH through the development of innovative procurement strategies
for diagnostic technologies including reagent or instrument rental deals, bundled pricing negotiations and tender generation for procurement purposes where necessary
• Identify diagnostics programming and supply chain bottlenecks through comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analysis, including field research, and developing contingency mechanisms
• Assist the Laboratory Services Team to manage global supplier relationships through product demand forecasting, market analysis, sharing of market intelligence, and supporting price negotiations
• Lead the preparation of key reports to the MoH, UNHLS (and other related programs), development partners and other key stakeholders in the health diagnostic sector
• Coordinate diagnostic information sharing and joint supply planning between the 4 major warehouses in Uganda
• Perform any other duties assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree preferably in health-related field and at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in a private or public sector result driven enterprise, with increasing levels of responsibility and experience
• Experience working in the laboratory sub-sector in Uganda or other similar settings
• Exceptional diplomacy and interpersonal skills; demonstrated capacity to build strong professional relationships with a range of stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment and ability to be influential with limited authority
• Strong analytical skills and technical capabilities; demonstrated capacity to synthesize data into an effective presentation of results and ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and tactfully to a variety of audiences
• Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to make linkages between interventions/programs
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with a strong command of the English language
• Balances time and focus across multiple projects within program area as needed in order to meet deadlines
• Provides input on effectiveness of program, systems or procedures
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Analyzes multiple alternatives before proposing a potential solution
• Effectively transfers acquired knowledge and expertise
• Stays up to date with the latest knowledge, skills, industry trends, organizational policies and procedures specific to own project work
• Post graduate degree in public health, business, economics or related disciplines
• Experience informing development of government strategy, policy and operational plans, preferably in the health sector
• Experience working in the HIV or TB program space and good knowledge of the laboratory network in Uganda
• Familiarity with a broad range of key global health issues, including health systems or laboratory and diagnostic networks in developing countries
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; CHAI Senior Coordinator - Diagnostic Services Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.