CBM Jobs in Tanzania
Programme CBM Jobs in Tanzania Officer
CBM Jobs in TanzaniaProgramme OfficerContract Duration:
The Programme Officer will be responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of CBM projects in Tanzania.Main tasks
Project PlanningMeet with potential partners for partner assessment, final selection and signing of MOU with the partner after the project MYP is approved.
Plan and conduct a multi-stakeholder planning workshop for finalising the project logical framework and related aspects required for the development of a project MYP.
Pro-actively communicate with the partner to ensure that all preparatory steps for starting new projects have been done ahead of the start date of the project implementation.
Ensure that the partner(s)’ new project staff are properly oriented or trained for clear and comprehensive understanding of the project
Provide the partner with comprehensive understanding of CBM reporting systems for both programme and finance. Emphasis should be given to accountability.
Develop scheduled communication (verbal and written) with partners regarding the status of implementation of project activities and act accordingly to help and facilitate the resolution of all problems as they may occur.
Conduct regular monitoring visits as per CBM’s standards
Provide constructive and quality feedback to partners if and when necessary.
Liaise with the Grants team in validating request of funds/ call ups, financial narrative reports, follow up on advisory notes, filled statistics forms, project contracts, and any other document that may be required.
Record all results and analysis of project monitoring results/data that are stored at the project level by partners, with important/ strategic findings (lessons learned, best practices, evidence base) also stored at CBM office.
All project monitoring data should be easily accessible for use in project evaluations as well as for evidence to be used in national level advocacy and alliance-building.
Regularly check and review project documentation by partners
Ensure that processes and procedures organisationally and at individual project staff level, meet the project requirements for proper quality management and implementation of activities/interventions of the projects
Ensure that principles and practice of disability inclusive development are woven through the design and implementation of the projects
Identify needs and implement training and capacity development measures as appropriate, and in conjunction with partners
Develop contacts with as many as possible relevant external parties to develop network and alliances
Assist partners to plan and organise seminars exposing projects’ successes
and positive results that are supported by evidence, inviting relevant district, provincial and national levels government offices and other players
Conduct scheduled evaluations and share results accordingly for advocacy purposes.
Ensure project staff are provided with the necessary guidance and supervision as to what they should do related to the implementation of projects by the partners, including partners’ CMH capacity building through
Regular coaching and mentoring
Annual performance feedback
Development of capacity development needs
Ensure relevant new knowledge, project lessons learned and other learning are internalised, documented and shared with relevant CBM colleagues and partners in the spirit of making CBM a learning organisation, and even beyond
Professional Profile and Requirement
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
· Relevant academic degree or further qualification in International development, sociology, etc.,
· Experience in project design, monitoring, review and evaluation and the application of this information to programme quality improvements
· Experience in evaluation and strengthening of quality and effectiveness systems
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong cross-cultural professional relationships
· Experience working with people with disabilities and the disability inclusive development sector a considerable advantage
· Excellent personal and public communication and negotiation skills with all types and levels of stakeholders
· Good training and/or tutoring skills both on individual and group basis
· Very good understanding of principles in monitoring, reporting and evaluation
· Good inter-personal skills
· Strategic thinker
· Ability to take the initiative, multi-task, prioritise work and meet deadlines
· Ability to foster teamwork with intercultural competence and sensitivity
· Proven good organisational and coordination skills as well as a high level of autonomy and flexibility
· Willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary
· Willingness to commit and adhere to CBM’s values and Child Safeguarding Policy
English (professional proficiency)
Good knowledge of MS Office (particularly advanced Excel skills)
The future job holder will require to adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Child Safeguarding Policy
How to apply:
Candidates with the required profile and proven experiences, who meet these qualifications, are invited to submit via e-mail, a meaningful letter of motivation, stating why he/she wishes to work for CBM, CV, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 5 pm Wednesday, 22nd March 2017.
CBM encourages persons with disabilities who qualify to apply for this position.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Tanzania.