CARE USA Job Vacancies in Uganda
CARE USA Chief of party -- Uganda DFAP Job Vacancies in UgandaChief of party -- Uganda DFAP
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty.
In 2015, CARE worked in 95 countries and reached 65 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities.
We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE seeks a Chief of Party (COP) to be based in Uganda for a Food for Peace (FFP) Development Food Assistance Program (DFAP). USAID has a goal of improving food and nutrition security and economic well-being in vulnerable populations in Uganda by assisting Ugandan people to identify and take advantage of transformational opportunities to learn, mitigate, adapt, invest and thrive.
This position will be based in Kampala,Uganda. For application instructions, please visit: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&...
International relocation and allowances are available for this position.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID/FFP or other international food security projects.Primary Responsibilities:
· Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
· Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
· Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
· Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders.
· Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID/FFP’s annual planning cycles.
· With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement.
· Represent the project at meetings, conferences, and other fora.
· Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
· Supervise and
mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.Required Skills:
· Master’s degree in a relevant field, including development studies, international relations, agriculture, nutrition, public health or related field.
· Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing management responsibilities in international development projects.
· Prior experience managing USAID-funded assistance projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries; experience managing multi-sectoral projects including agricultural development and maternal child health and nutrition.
· Understanding and demonstrated commitment to the importance of gender and youth issues in food security programming.
· Experience with one or more of the following types of programs is an advantage but not a requirement: Food for Peace programs, food security, conflict mitigation, income security, or community resilience.
· Experience with one or more of the following cross-cutting approaches programs is an advantage: gender equity and female empowerment, youth empowerment, and social accountability and governance.
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
· Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements
· Fluency in English is required. Ability to travel within project areas of Uganda as needed and as security allows.How to apply:
For application instructions, please visit: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&... Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here! List of All Current Scholarships for International Students - Updated Daily - Apply Today! Click Here! Funding Agencies for Grants - Search Funding Agencies for Grants? - NGO Funding Agencies - Fill Out a Simple Grant Form? - NGO Grant Funding Agencies Scholarships for Study in Africa
» Scholarships for African Students
» Undergraduate Scholarships
» African Women Scholarships & Grants
» Developing Countries Scholarships
» Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries
» Fellowship Programs
» Funding Grants for NGOs
» Government Scholarships
» LLM Scholarships
» MBA Scholarships
» PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships
» Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships
» Refugees Scholarships
» Research Grants
» Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Ireland » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in Switzerland