Call for expression of Interest to undertake a Leadership Development programme
About Plan International
Independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child.
But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.1.2 Plan International’s new strategy – Purpose Statement and Values Framework
Plan International’s new Purpose Statement: We strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We engage people and partners to:
• Empower children, young people and communities to make vital changes that tackle the root causes of discrimination against girls, exclusion and vulnerability
• Drive change in practice and policy at local, national and global levels through our reach, experience and knowledge of the realities children face
• Work with children and communities to prepare for and respond to crises and to overcome adversity
• Support the safe and successful progression of children from birth to adulthood
Plan International’s new values are: We strive for lasting impact We strive to achieve significant and lasting impact on the lives of children and young people, and to secure equality for girls.
We challenge ourselves to be bold, courageous, responsive, focused and innovative.
We are open and accountable. We create a climate of trust inside and outside the organisation by being open, honest and transparent.
We hold ourselves and others to account for the decisions we make and for our impact on others, while doing what we say we will do.
We work well together We succeed by working effectively with others, inside and outside the organisation, including our sponsors and donors. We actively support our colleagues, helping them to achieve their goals.
We come together to create and implement solutions in our teams across Plan International, with children, girls, young people, communities and our partners.
We are inclusive and empowering We respect all people, appreciate differences and challenge inequality in our programmes and our workplace.
We support children, girls and young people to increase their confidence and to change their own lives.
We empower our staff to give their best and develop their potential.1.3. Leadership Development
Building strong leadership across Plan International globally has been recognized as a building block towards delivering results to Plan International’s purpose.
To this end, the RESA region intends to work with its leadership teams to ensure an on-going effort by leaders to build and sustain appropriate leadership behaviors and competences in line with Plan International’s values to meet our purpose.
The leadership development programme envisioned will:
• Propose and implement an accredited and tested leadership development programme targeting Country Directors and other identified leadership teams across RESA countries and the regional office (currently a total of 27 participants)
• Facilitate a process to assist targeted individuals to develop self-awareness of their personal leadership traits thus creating a profile awareness of their leadership preferences
• Integrate into the development programme, Plan International’s new values and behaviors to create an improved state of awareness of required leadership strengths.
• Translate emerging awareness into organisational change driven by leaders as change catalysts supported through individual coaching.
• Propose a cost effective and efficient rollout process and modality for cascading the leadership programme to our country management teams.2.0 Purpose for the consultancy
The consultant will work with the RLT and EROMT to:Administer a selected personality awareness tool or process, that highlights the participant’s leadership profile and provide relevant reports on individual leadership profiles.
Create a state of improved awareness and insights of individual leadership profiles through individual report interpretation.
Deliver a one or two day workshop on aligning Plan International RESA’s leadership to Plan International’s values; that fosters a rounded proficiency in ‘walking the talk’ of the value and behavior framework of Plan International.
Facilitates a process of introspection to ascertain how participants relate with the new values and behaviours, their concerns, and areas of potential non alignment.
Provide coaching support to RLT and EROMT members on specific and individual leadership development objectives on a needs basis.
2.2 Areas of interest The consultant will focus work on:
Identifying an appropriate leadership preferences profiling tool, administration and interpretation for senior management
Workshop facilitation focusing on values alignment to leadership
Implement a self-managed process towards embedding Plan International’s values and behaviors and personal development plans outside of standard performance management process.
Coaching senior management on need basis.
3.0 The exercise will incorporate:
Individual administration and interpretation of the agreed tool to about 27 participants of the leadership development programme and deliver individual reports highlighting the leadership profile of participants.
A review of the values roll-out global guidelines and customizing these for leadership development.
Workshop facilitation to enable participants to reflect on their heightened awareness of their leadership profiles against the implications for leadership behaviours aligned to Plan International’s values.
Follow up with individualized coaching to participants on identified individual leadership development objectives over a three month period.
• Working in close collaboration with Plan RESA HROD Business partner, the consultant will deliver the expected work.
• Respect of Plan International Values as stated above in the course of the assignment.
• Individual leadership profile reports for all participants
• Report interpretation sessions with all participants
• Workshop facilitation aligning Plan International Values and behaviours to individual leadership preferences
• Individual coaching availed to all participants – up to 3 sessions over a three month period.
Qualifications and competencies required
• Accreditation and certification to administer an internationally recognized leadership development programme and personality related tools.
• Extensive experience in leadership development of senior management teams at regional and country level especially with dynamic and progressive organisations.
• Experience working with international organizations and ability to engage participants virtually and accomplish set tasks.
• Development and delivery of values emersion/embedding programmes
• Excellent facilitation, planning and organizational skills
• Excellent ability to meet deadlines
4.0 Proposal and Work Plan
Tentatively we propose a maximum of 15 consultancy days equivalent spread out across three months for the exercise:
4 days for assessment tool administration and report interpretation.
3 days for dissemination of any preparatory work to participants and also workshop preparation and delivery process.
Up to 8 days for action follow up and coaching post workshop over a three month period.
5.0 Reference Documents The Consultants can access the Plan International Values and Behaviours Framework documents from the following link: Call for expression of Interest to undertake a Leadership Development programme
How to apply:
Technical proposal including Consultants’ background and past experience, understanding of the TOR, proposed consultancy content, methodology and the Consultants’ Curriculum Vitae.
A Financial proposal for the full assignment including consultancy fees, licence fees, travel costs and foreseeable reimbursables.
All proposals shall be submitted to the email address indicated below, on or before Wednesday 19th October 2016, by 4.00 pm Nairobi time
All submissions shall be in PDF format and shall be labelled “Leadership Development Consultancy” in the subject line of the email including your document headers and shall be addressed to:
Email: [email protected]
N/B Plan international RESA reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, in whole or in part and is not bound to give reason(s) for any of its decisions.
Only shortlisted consultants shall be contacted.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!