Build It International Trainer – Multiple Disciplines Jobs in Zambia
Build It InternationalTrainer – Multiple Disciplines Jobs in Zambia
Introduction Build It International (BII Zambia) is an NGO that creates opportunities for young people and their communities through skills training, work experience and essential community building projects.
Our core values are Empowerment, Excellence, Collaboration and Courage. We have completed 51 building projects over the past 10 years since, including primary and secondary schools and health facilities.
All projects include an on-the-job training.
We have also trained over 1,000 men and women in basic construction skills and will increase the annual output significantly over the next four years, through our training Centre for Excellence.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Using BII’s recommended resource materials, deliver courses to BII’s building skills trainees both at BII’s Centre for Excellence and at BII’s community-based projects
• Develop schemes of work and daily lesson plans from the supplied Bricklaying syllabus in order to diligently deliver training
• Ensure highest standards of teaching throughout delivery, using a creative and interactive approach
• Be able to teach both theory and practical in a way that it should have an impact on trainees’ lives
• Prepare the assessment tests at the end of each lesson and evaluate their understanding of the learning concepts.
• Assess the trainees with an (end- point assessment) combining aspects from selected topics/ elements covered
• Ensure that the safety working practice is held in high esteem at all times
• Report against delivery of training must be compiled at the end of the Training course.
• Complete all attendance logs, performance sheets and other documentation as required
Qualifications and Experience
• Craft certificate in either Bricklaying, Plastering, Rough Carpentry, Painting and Tiling or its equivalent
of three years of experience in professional Skills training or five years of experience in a related field.
• Previous experience of working with an NGO is an added advantage.
• Technical Teaching Certificate or Diploma from a recognized institution
• Accreditation as a trainer by TEVETA is a prerequisite
• 4- 5 years of trade related experience within the construction sector
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good time management
• Ability to relate positively to BII’s target group: men and women aged 18-35 years with minimal prior vocational skills or experience
• Creative and dynamic thinker able to problem solve and adapt messages to suit the audience
• Affinity to BII’s mission and values of High Standards, Empowerment, Courage and Collaboration
• Good Computer Skills
• Ability and willingness to work and train the Community
• Willingness to work on short- term basis when required
• Good class management skills
• Ability to develop trainees understanding of various Bricklaying finishes and application processes associated with the various type
How to Apply
To apply please email a CV and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Trainer’ in the email subject. Please make sure that your documents are saved as your name and CV or cover letter
Find daily jobs in Zambia. Jobs - Zambia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Zambian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Zambia.
Jobs in Zambia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Zambia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Zambia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best African Jobs.