BRAC Program Officers (USHA) Jobs in Uganda
BRAC Program Officers (USHA) Jobs in Uganda
Our Health intervention in Uganda began in 2008 to ensure that people living in poverty can access quality, affordable health services.
The goal of the projects is to lower morbidity and mortality among children under five from diseases such as diarrhea, pneumonia, and malaria: improve maternal health: improve basic essential healthcare services in rural areas: and improve the nutritional status of smallholder families with a focus on pregnant women, children under five and adolescent girls.
Core Roles and Responsibilities
• Planning, organizing, and implementing sanitation and hygiene activities in BRAC branch areas of operation
• Organizing community events to promote and popularize sanitation products to improve household’s sanitation status
• Developing scopes of work for training and procurement related activities among etc.
• Taking leading role in supervising project officers and CHPs effectively ensuring 100% activeness in sato sales monthly
• Ensure achievement of project officers branch performance indicator(s) monthly
• Capacity building, mentoring, coaching of project officers, CHPs on SATO marketing and sales pitching.
• Hold periodic review meetings and use evidence to provide support on SATO sales.
• Pro-actively conduct follow-ups to actual and potential clients in the project implementation areas.
• Promote social behavior change (SBC) on sanitation and hygiene interventions in the project areas of operation.
• Documenting, monitoring, and tracking SATO sales and reporting (produce quality complete reports) weekly, monthly and quarterly
• Use evidence-based data to plan, supervise and make informed decisions to drive SATO sales.
• Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation.
• Act as a key source of support, guidance, and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
• Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
• Following the safeguarding reporting procedure in case reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
Any other related activities or tasks as need may arise during course of implementation
The successful candidate should have:
Bachelor’s in Health i.e., Environmental Health, Sanitation, other health related/or Social Sciences.
Two- Three years’ experience with strong communication and sanitation marketing skills;
Self-driven, passionate and result oriented;
Experience implementing USAID WASH project is an asset.
Computer skillsusing smart phones/ digital skills for tracking and reporting SATO sales in real time.
Reliable, dependable with ability to work under pressure to achieve set project deliverables/targets.
Networking skills with local leaders, masons, and community health workers/CHWs
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their Application, CV and Academic documents as a one document addressed to the Head Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline is Thursday 14th January, 2021
The subject must be the name of the position applied for strictly when submitting.
Only complete applications will be accepted, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation – regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin.
Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.