Bidco Uganda Limited Assistant Chief Finance Officer Jobs
Bidco Uganda Limited Assistant Chief Finance Officer Jobs
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationship: This position is located in the Office of Head of Premises, MONUSCO Entebbe Support Base.
The Property Control and Inventory Assistant will report to the Head of Premises.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Property Control and Inventory Assistant - Liaison Cell will be responsible for the following duties:
• Conducts physical inspections and quality control of mission United Nations Property to ensure that all items are accounted for and in serviceable condition.
• Prepares and submits Receiving and Inspection (R&I) reports, discrepancy reports, and disposal reports for the Unit Chief’s approval.
• Identifies anomalies and/or discrepancies and the details thereof, or any other reason for rejection and records in Damage Discrepancy Reports (DDR), posted on the system and presented to the R&I Supervisor and Procurement for immediate action.
• Reviews Goods’ Receipts reports in Umoja and R&I Reports in the electronic inventory management system.
• Maintains on a daily basis accurate and auditable property records in the electronic inventory management system for property control and accountability in conformance with administrative instructions, guidelines, manuals and Standard
Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Updates all physical verification records and data entry in the electronic inventory management system.
• Assists stakeholders in the application of property management policies and procedures to meet organizational standards and goals set up in the department of Operational Support (DOS) Directives, Logistics Support Division (LSD) Guidelines and Mission's SOPs.
• Assists in monitoring the execution of contracts for the disposal of property and supplies, including all types of waste material.
• Assists Self Accounting Units (SAUs) in preparation of equipment write-offs and processing of write-off cases through relevant property survey boards.
• Produces Business Object reports on monthly basis and when requested by supervisor.
• Assists in drafting statements of requirements for contracts and services for disposal.
• Interacts with other property management stakeholders and providers of services, in particular SAUs, Procurement Section, Joint Logistics Operations Center and Local Property Survey Boards, as appropriate.
• Prepares, processes and follows-up on administrative arrangements and forms related to the official travel of staff.
• Maintains files of rules, regulations, administrative instructions and other related documentation.
• Drafts routine Note Verbales (NV) and/or diplomatic documents, submission, follow up with Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) and receipt of response/documents on duty free clearance and transfer of ownerships of vehicles, allocation/cancellations of red number plates for all ESB and tenants.
• Prepare NV to the Embassies requesting for visa for staff travelling on official
duties, attestation letter in case of non-representation of Embassies in Uganda, cancellations of Passports for Human Remains repatriation, legal issues (investigation cases) and for sale/destruction of UN used properties.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in property and inventory management, accounting, administrative services, protocol support or other related fields is required.
Three (3) year of first-hand experience in logistics administrative and protocol support in the UN system, Embassies or High Commissions is desirable.
Experience working in the UN Peacekeeping environment is desirable. Experience in drafting diplomatic documents is desirable.
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Ability to perform a broad range of administrative functions, e.g., inventory accounting practices, budget/work programme, human resources, database management, etc. Ability to maintain focus and accuracy for sustained periods. Ability to apply knowledge of various United Nations administrative, financial and human resources rules and regulations in work situations. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
High Expertise in Information Technology and its application to business practices and procedures, relevant to property management and distribution control and inventory. Excellent knowledge of methodologies for database management and analysis is essential.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Bidco Uganda Limited Assistant Chief Finance Officer Jobs
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.