APHRC Researchers Jobs in Kenya
APHRC Researchers Jobs in Kenya
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute engaged in multidisciplinary, evidence-based policy research. Our researchers address important issues and challenges facing Africa in areas such as education, health, population, aging, urbanization and wellbeing. We engage with policymakers in the region to disseminate
our research findings and influence policy decisions to improve the quality of life in Africa.
APHRC seeks to recruit at least two researchers to work in its Education and Youth Empowerment Unit.
Responsibilities (dependent on level appointed):
● Provide leadership to scientific research team or project in an area related to education and/or youth empowerment;
● Contribute to policy engagement and the unit’s strategic planning;
● Lead and contribute to proposal development and fundraising for research projects in the unit;
● Mentor junior researchers and facilitate in the Center’s training programs as needed;
● Secure and manage the necessary human, financial and material resources in the unit, project or program;
● Represent the Center at high level national, regional and international forums, including relevant technical working groups and expert committees;
● Contribute to institutional publications including and not limited to lay dissemination materials such as policy/research briefs and fact sheets; and
● Oversee data quality and analyses.
Qualifications and Experience:
● PhD in educational psychology, sociology of education, education administration, education
management, economics of education, test and measurement, linguistics, teaching methods in
mathematics or a language, comparative and international education, technology education,
special education, curriculum studies, policy studies with a focus on education, statistics with application in education, development studies, gender
studies, or any other related discipline.
● Experience working in a research institution, conducting research, leading research programs or managing research projects.
● Experience with conducting impact evaluations of education interventions will be an added
● Must be fluent in English; being multilingual (English and French) will be an added advantage.
● Excellent scientific writing skills.
● Good quantitative or qualitative skills; experience with mixed methods will be an added advantage provided one is very strong in quantitative or qualitative methods.
● Strong proposal writing skills and track record of winning research grants.
Successful candidates may be appointed at postdoctoral level (0-2 years after PhD), Associate Research Scientist (3-5 years after PhD), Research Scientist (6-11 years after PhD) or Senior Research Scientist (12+ years after PhD) levels depending on experience and track record.
The above positions come with an
attractive, internationally-competitive remuneration package including medical, travel and life insurance cover.
Allowances toward in-relocation (for those recruited from outside Kenya) and dependents'
education are also provided. Nationals of sub-Saharan African countries are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; APHRC Researchers Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.