Ankole Grill Barista Jobs in Kenya
Ankole Grill Barista Jobs in Kenya
Main Purpose & Scope of the Job The Barista/Barman will be responsible for creating and serving all beverage products
to restaurant Guests/servers in accordance with Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
• Operates as the principal salesperson in the restaurant and ensures that guests are accorded high level of customer care.
• Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
• Prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages
• Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
• Carry out stocktaking of the bar with the stock taker, sign for both opening and closing stock.
• Stabilize bar stock level by ordering the bar drinks that fall below unacceptable level occasioned by sales
• Ensure that the FIFO rule (first in first out) is fully respected and followed in order to avoid case of expired drinks on the fridges
• Understand, comply, and administer principals of law relating to food service
• establishments including but not limited to nutrition, sanitation, safety, employment law, fire, and health code regulations.
• Welcome and acknowledge all guests to the bar according to Ankole Grill standards.
• Anticipate and promptly address guests’ needs.
• Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified Ankole Grill recipes and guidelines.
• Demonstrate accurate knowledge of all menu items and be able to assist guests accordingly.
• Thank guests with genuine appreciation as per Ankole Grill guidelines
• Up-sell or promote all specials advertised in the restaurant as well promoting slow moving items.
• Check quality and quantity of all stock and supplies and requisition as necessary using approved guidelines
• Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas.
• Clean, organise, and sanitize work stations as per Ankole Grill guidelines.
• To check on bar cleanliness and ensure that all bar counters are clean and shelves emptied of unwanted materials.
• Ensure that bar closing duties are satisfactorily performed.
• Deliverance of excellent preparation and presentation of beverages
• Ensure upkeep and maintenance of the coffee and beverage stations.
• Attend meetings and training sessions as and when required.
• In addition to the above, the Barista/Barman may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
• Diploma or Certificate in Food and Beverage Service and Sales or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Bartending/Mixology Certification would be an added advantage.
• Hospitality certification is a plus.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Barman/Barista in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
• Bilingual international or local languages are a plus.
• Excellent reading, verbal and written English skills.
• Possess excellent knowledge of and serving drinks with knowledge of alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages, in-mixing, garnishing and food pairings
• Be conversant with preparation of local and international cocktails
• He/ she should have a wide scope of beverage knowledge and be able to mix and match ingredients in order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations.
• Basic mathematical computation skills
• Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
• Tech savvy with a working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office,
• restaurant management software, POS).
• Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented.
• Have a high degree of emotional intelligence and a high level of self-confidence.
• Be able to remain rational and calm under pressure.
• Knowledge of current beverage trends and best practices.
• Be able to stand or walk for an extended period.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Ankole Grill Barista Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.