Amref Health Africa Project Manager Jobs in Ethiopia
Amref Health Africa Project Manager Jobs in EthiopiaJob Id
: Health Care, Water and Sanitation Location
: Oromia Career Level
: Senior Level (5+ years experience) Employment Type
: Full time Salary
: Job DescriptionProject Manager
Amref Health Africa is an African-led international health development organization headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, Amref Health Africa envision to bringing lasting health change for Africain more than 30 countries across the continent.
With a focus on women and children, the organization strives to overcome the most critical health challenges facing the continent: maternal and child health, HIV & TB, malaria, water and sanitation and health systems strengthening.
Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia has been working in Ethiopia since 2002 in close collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health implementing a range of projects in maternal, neonatal and child health, reproductive health, health systems strengthening, health workforce development, water and sanitation, HIV/AIDS and non-communicable diseases across the country, supported by a wide range of multilateral and bilateral donors, corporates and foundations.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit a Project manager for its SDG WASH project in Oromia regional state.
The job holders will be in the central rift valley area (Shashamane) and S/he will report to the WASH Program Manager.Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the job is to facilitate implementation and developing the next phase of the project. Moreover, the long term purpose of the job is to facilitate sustainable access and use of Water, hygiene practices, including access and use of sanitation in the target communities.
She/he will report to the WASH program manager and work with the project officer & assistant to implement the project in the central rift valley areas of Oromia.Key Responsibilities:A.job Objective Overall management and facilitation of the project implementation and project development phase including assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring, networking, partnership and reporting of the project activities.
B. Management Responsibility
Provide managerial support to the project team.
Responsible for the overall project matters such as day to day management, resource management, risk management, communication
Responsible for project reporting
C. Description of Duties:
1. Provides management leadership in the project through co-ordination and supervision of the implementation of project activities and liaison with regional, zonal and Woreda supervision government staff.
2. Ensure timely implementation of the project activities and follow whether the activities are implemented in line with the intended objectives.
3. Liaise with WASH alliance NGO partners and the Alliance coordinator
4. Plan, implement, monitor and evaluate project activities including:
Preparation of project work plans and budgets on annual and ad-hoc basis.
Assigning work on project implementation and undertaking continuous coordination and monitoring of the project activities.
Designing and implementing operational research and development activities including documentation of best practices and lessons learnt
5. In consultation with the program manager and M&E experts disseminates project information by preparing project reports on a regular basis, including financial and technical reports as well as required project information to Amref health Africa’s internal users.
6. Provides financial management for the project including:
Preparation of budgets on annual basis or on ad-hoc basis.
Control of project resources.
Approve and monitor project expenditures for the SDG project staff.
Submit timely financial progress reports.
7. Provides technical support in all phases of the project cycle, from appraisal, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation through regular field visits, training-based capacity building, and desk-based feedback to field staff and partners.
8. Maintain regular communication with members of the project management team and other members of the country program including with regional, zonal and district government offices
9. Initiate and maintain smooth collaboration with other actors on the ground.
10. Submit progress reports to key partners.
11. Ensures programme integration and growth by participating in country meetings and developing new project concepts and initiatives.
12. Participate in concept note and project proposal developments
13. Undertakes other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
MSC in Environmental Health, hydrogeology, hydraulic and water resource management/engineering and directly related work experience.
More than 4 year experience that are directly WASH projects
The following comprehensive and specific competencies are required of the candidate:
Diversity and inclusion, integrity, communication, working with people, drive for results, relating and networking, persuading and influencing, planning and organizing, learning and researching, coping with pressure and obstacles, adapting and responding to change, following instructions and procedures
Excellence, respect, facilitating change, building commitment, collaborating, developing team, communicating with impact, facilitate team success,
Proficiency in MS applications and navigating the internet
Fluency in English and knowledge of the local working language.
Strong communication skill-oral and report writing skill
Strong negotiation skill and good understanding of partnership
Ability to initiate work, perform duties independently
Analytical and problem solving skills
Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results
Terms of employment: initially for 9 months with possibilities of extension based on performance and funding.
Duty Station: Shashemane
Required number: 1
How to Apply
If you would like to join Amref’s team, please quote the position/reference number in the subject matter and send your CV and application letter with remuneration requirements and contact details of three work-related referees, through Etrecruitment@amref.org, on ethiojobs,com or to the Human Resources Department, Amref Health Africa by P.O Box 20855/1000, Addis Ababa.
The closing date for submitting applications is September 29, 2019. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Telephone call to the office is strongly forbidden.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
Amref Health Africa Project Manager Jobs in Ethiopia