Amref Health Africa Project Manager GSK Jobs in Kenya
Amref Health Africa Project Manager GSK Jobs in Kenya
Main Purpose of JobThe job holder will provide overall managerial and technical leadership in the implementation of the Project to ensure it meets the overall objectives.
S/he will provide technical leadership for the project implementation, human resources, capacity development and health systems strengthening related activities.
Responsible for designing, developing and implementing capacity development programmes within the Institute of Capacity Development in close collaboration with the Head of Programmes and ICD Director.
Key Areas of Accountability
Key Area Activity
Technical leadership and guidance
Provide overall leadership and project management through co-ordination and
supervision of the implementation of project activities.
Facilitate the design, development and delivery of capacity development programmes.
Provide advice and support to the project team as needed to ensure high-quality project
implementation while nurturing their talent and career growth
Play a leading role in management of project resources including staff, finances and assets
Participate in duties necessary to aid business and organizational development for ICD
Manage the project / reportees staff development, coaching, work planning, direction and supervision, monitoring quality work and evaluation of staff performance
Manage the performance of the project and make adjustments to work plans and quality of
performance as necessary
Ensure clear internal coordination within the project teams and other support teams
(Logistics, Human Resources, Finance,).
Develop, implement and control the different projects budgets and work plans
Ensure timely narrative and financial reporting
Ensure project integration and growth by ensuring timely reviews and tracking of financial
performance to ensure acceptable financial performance and burn rate
Monitor the spending of designated project funds throughout the operational phase of the
Partnerships and Business Development
Establish and maintain partnerships and networking with relevant stakeholders including
but not limited to donors, relevant Government Ministries and NGOs.
Participate in the development of new concepts and proposals for fundraising.
Participate in the development and implementation of fundraising strategies to grow the Institute’s programmatic and financial portfolio.
Liaise with the M&E and communications team to increase visibility of the project and ICD
as a whole.
Maintain ongoing communication with potential partners and other key stakeholders to identify and pursue growth opportunities
Support ICD business development in liaison with the Senior Leadership Team as required
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management
Lead in the preparation of work plans, budgets, M&E plans and performance frameworks
for the project
Preparation of technical monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports relating to the project as per donor requirements as well as for internal purposes.
Lead in operations research, document and share results for advocacy in order to
influence relevant policies and practices.
Lead the project staff to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt
Provide leadership in the documentation of best practice models in the Project, working
with relevant departments within Amref.
Education and knowledge
• Master degree or equivalent in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Leadership
Management, Medical Education or any other relevant Social sciences.
• A relevant first-level university degree in combination with two 2 additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Demonstrated expertise in the design and development of capacity enhancing programmes.
• In depth knowledge of capacity development approaches and methodologies
• Knowledge in human resources for health (HRH) development, adult learning methodologies and leveraging technology for learning.
• Demonstrated capacity in strategic planning, proposal writing, and project management and
• Demonstrated ability to design and manage multiple geographies capacity development programmes.
• At least 5 years’ progressive working experience in project management or technical position in public health or health development programmes.
• Experience in intervention experience on projects with strong community involvement in western region of Kenya
• Exposure at international level in managing capacity development programmes and especially human resources for heath is an added advantage.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing programme from start-up under limited time constraints
• Have a perfect command of project management and monitoring (Monitoring of activities, budget, logistics issues)
• Hands on experience in project development, proposal writing and grant management Skills
• Excellent networking and representation skills and ability to build effective relationships in a range of environments
• Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills.
• Advanced level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
• Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
• Ability to perform optimally within tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
• Demonstrable critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Must a team player with great collaborative skills
• High degree of integrity, discretion and personal conduct
• Creative: Thinks “outside the box” for unique solutions to problems
• Resourceful: Able to rapidly problem solve in settings with limited resources
• Organized: Can juggle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
• Collaborative: Works well in team settings, able to manage teams and incorporate feedback
• Savvy and well-networked: Has a range relevant contacts within the region and feels comfortable working within working groups and similar settings
• Curios: genuine inquisitiveness with a bias toward asking and learning, and an authentic interest in others and what they might have to share.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Amref Health Africa Project Manager GSK Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.