ALIMA SRH Activity Manager Jobs in Nigeria
ALIMA SRH Activity Manager Jobs in Nigeria
ContextThe humanitarian crisis in Nigeria’s northeast and the Lake Chad region is one of the most severe ongoing crises in the world, now entering in its ninth year and shows no sign of abating. In 2018, at least 7.7 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance in the worst affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, while more than 1.6 million people remained internally displaced in these three states in November 2017. 86% of internally displaced persons (IDPs) do not believe that the current context allows for a safe and dignified return, and nearly 1 in 4 IDPs have expressed their intent to settle in their current place of displacement instead of returning (OCHA HRP 2018).
An estimated 440,000 children under the age of 5 are malnourished across the 3 most-affected States (HRP, February 2018), while 47% of them are in Borno State (207,521 SAM children, HPC Nutrition Figures, November 2017). Furthermore, The Nigerian Cadre Harmonisé (November 2017) states that in Borno State alone 1,575,414 individuals were facing critical food insecurity. The Maiduguri Metropolitan Center (MC) and Jere Local Government Authority (LGA) are still categorized as “in food crisis” by the IPC (Integrated Food Security Phase Classification).
In 2017, ALIMA continued to implement projects in Muna Garage in Jere LGA, where ALIMA performs general consultations for children under 5 and provides Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) to pregnant and lactating women (antenatal and postnatal consultations). ALIMA partners with UNFPA to manage victims of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV). An Outpatient Therapeutic Feeding Program (OTP) is also available for children under 5 suffering from severe acute malnutrition (SAM) in the clinic, where women and caretakers are trained to screen their children for malnutrition using the MUAC tape.
In Maiduguri MC, where ALIMA is working in partnership with the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH), the Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Center (ITFC) manages children under 5 suffering from SAM with medical complications in a 30-bed capacity building
He/She reports to the project medical referent
He/She supervises the national midwives and other member of SRH team
He/She collaborates with others services (OPD/OTP/ITFC/outreach/epidemic surveillance) and department (Logistic & Administration)
Mission and Main Activites
To ensure the proper functioning of the reproductive health activities under his/her responsibility in Maiduguri project where ALIMA is running health and nutrition activities. Defining and implementing universal protocols and procedures; guaranteeing the quality of healthcare in order to improve health conditions of the target population
The SRH activities manager will assist the SRH team to set up, follow SOPs in all units, and follow universal standard precautions during and after procedures for effective infection control. The manager will assist the team to reduce maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in Monguno; this will be achieved by involving the community and the project TBAs network to increase the awareness of good health care practices for our beneficiaries.
● Harmonize the sexual reproductive health (SRH) services operation in line with national/ WHO guidelines
● Organize and ensure supervision of SRH activities i.e. antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, BEmONC, management of victims of gender base and sexual violence, female genital mutilation and in close collaboration with other medical staff.
● Ensures that all pregnant women and newborn children are immunized according to national guidelines. Collaborate with the field doctors when required (normal or complicated deliveries, SV cases, etc.).
● Ensures the patients (especially newborn babies) are followed up
correctly since delivery and until discharge.
● Ensure and supervise the respect of protocols by all staff under he/her supervision, in order to guarantee/improve the quality of.
● In coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
● Plan and supervise the processes associated to HR and team management (recruitment, develop staff Job descriptions, staff performance evaluation, motivation, internal/ external communication, etc.) of the SRH staff in the project, in order the appropriate team size, capabilities and skills, and enhance the health promotion and disease prevention.
● Participate in the definition and update of annual project planning and budget, as well as participate in any emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the project area if needed, in order to keep control of activities and projects while adapting the humanitarian assistance given to the population according to the changing conditions and context.
● Analyze routine data and supervise quality service provision. Is responsible for the reporting of SRH activities (collection and analysis of medical statistics), and participates in the epidemiological reports related to health facilities in the project area and in the monthly reports according to guidelines. Supervise the proper distribution of drugs and use of material, keeping track of consumption patterns and supply orders, and monitoring inventories, together with the project pharmacy manager, in order to ensure having minimum levels of stock to carry out the project and a rational and appropriate use of materials.
● Build capacity of all SRH staff on overall management and day to day management and supervision of SRH activities
● Organize training and update project staff on women health
● Organize a network of Traditional Medical Attendants (TBA) for pregnant women and SGBV sensitization
● Ensure the coaching of the national midwife supervisor
Experience and Skills
● Midwifery recognized qualification essential. Tropical medicine training is desirable.
● Five years’ experience as a midwife including two years in management position. Having worked with INGO’s and in developing countries is an asset. Experience with medical international NGO, an asset
● Capacity building skills ( preferable)
● Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
● English essential, local language is an asset (Hausa, Kanuri…). Speaking French is an asset.
● Essential, computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
● Strong communication skills
● Negotiation skills
● Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork.
● Flexible, patient and adaptable to a changing environment.
● Ability to work under pressure with numerous deadlines, etc
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; ALIMA SRH Activity Manager Jobs in Nigeria
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobs in Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.