Aidenvironment Field Officer Jobs in Uganda
Aidenvironment Field Officer Jobs in Uganda
About Aidenvironment/RAIN Trading as either “Aidenvironment” or “RAIN”, Stichting Aidenvironment is a social enterprise (or as we often describe ourselves: “a not-for-profit consultancy”) implementing projects/programs and providing research and advice on sustainable land and water management, production and trade. We are a dedicated and independent partner of public, private and civil society actors. Focusing on the linkages between natural resources and value chains, our specific expertise lies within the areas of 1) integrated land and water management and 2) making sectors and value chains more sustainable. Within those areas, we provide advice, set up and manage programs and projects, and conduct evaluations and assessments.
In Uganda, we are registered as a Foreign Company and have our main office at Plot 99 Luthuli Avenue Bugolobi, Kampala.
About the WASH SDG Programme
The WASH SDG Programme (July 2017 – September 2022), funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DGIS), is implemented by the WASH SDG Consortium formed by the partners WASH Alliance International (WAI, led by Simavi), SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) and Plan Netherlands (Plan). It responds to the Dutch commitment to contribute to the SDGs, particularly SDG 6, with the aim of reaching an improved WASH situation for all. The programme is built on three core strategic objectives, namely: (1) increasing demand for improved WASH facilities and practices; (2) improving the quality of service provision; and (3) improving governance of the sector. Gender and social inclusion as well as climate vulnerability and resilience are an area of specific attention in each of the three strategic objectives.
In Uganda, the WAI Sub-programme is implemented in Agago District by Simavi, Amref Health Africa, Akvo, RAIN (a brand of Aidenvironment), IRC, PRACTICA Foundation, RUAF (Hivos), AFSRT, HEWASA, JESE, NETWAS Uganda, and WASEU. The sub counties/town councils of focus are: Lokole, Kotomol, Omot, Adilang, Wol, Paomol, Lapono, Arum, Lira Palwo, Lira kato and Geregere. .
Key Responsibilities of the Field Officer
• Report regularly on activity implementation; prepare monthly reports and submit material for preparation of periodic project monitoring reports as required by the office
• Lead the development of monthly/quarterly activity workplans prior to activity implementation
• Take lead in mobilizing and engaging project stakeholders for meetings, workshops and piloting on-ground interventions.
• Take the responsibility of generating periodic project reports on all the WASH and IWRM activities in line with the project reporting frameworks.
• Take lead in the supervision of the implementation of the IWRM and WASH activities
• Ensure that the IWRM and WASH monitoring system data collection and reporting is carried out systematically, properly and timely with quality information
• Assist the Project Manager (PM) in the planning of all RAIN’s activities under the project.
• Mobilize communities for construction of IWRM and water and sanitation facilities.
• Support the design of IEC (Information, Education, Communication) tools and the implementation of promotion activities within the communities.
• Support the PM in the Procurement Request process.
• Support the PM in the follow-up of HR, financial and logistics aspects of the project.
• Ensure the operation and maintenance of the IWRM and water and sanitation facilities and the work of the committees is conducted as planned and periodic reports on their status shared with the PM.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the PM.
Educational & Professional background
Relevant field experience of at least 02 years in the WASH/IWRM sector should, as a minimum, have the following qualifications and competencies:
• A University degree (Bachelor level) in the fields of; Environment, IWRM, Agriculture, Social sciences, Community Development, Environmental/civil/water resources / Agricultural engineering or a related field
• Knowledge of Microsoft programmes (Word, excel, MS outlook) and use of internet.
• Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Prior knowledge of RAIN/Aidenvironment’s projects
• Organization, Rigor and a Critical mind
• Ability to work within a team
• Ability to plan, forecast, anticipate and respect deadlines
• Ability to use MS Office
• High ethical and professional standards
• Good communicator with strong interpersonal and negotiations skills to deal with persons of various cultural and educational backgrounds.
• Team player with service-oriented attitudes.
• Proven ability to deal with multiple tasks in a courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Expertise in the area of IWRM and WASH assessment including surveys, programme implementation, monitoring and coordination.
• Good understanding of integrated water resources management, water, wastewater and solid waste management strategies and design.
• Applied knowledge in WASH programme management
• Expertise in planning, formulation, implementation, monitoring and reporting on IWRM and WASH operations.
Working experience in Northern Uganda; Excellent knowledge of English (written / oral / comprehension) is essential; Proficiency in Acholi language is MUST; Motorcycle riding skills.
The Field Officer will report directly to the Project Manager.
How to Apply
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references, should be sent via email to:
email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than January 29, 2021.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.