Action Against Hunger Gender Manager Jobs in Kenya
Action Against Hunger Gender Manager Jobs in Kenya
Summary of position The Gender Manager will be responsible for providing strategic and systematic support on implementation of gender responsive programs as well as spearhead gender program development across the Kenya Mission.
S/he will work with all other Action Against Hunger staff to ensure gender mainstreaming in the organization.
The gender Manager will work in partnership with officials from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Gender and Social Services and Ministry of Water at both National and County governments, UN Women, UNICEF, KRCS, different donors (GAC, USAID, SIDA e.t.c) in championing gender in program design and delivery.
The Gender Manager will focus on capacity building for the program and support teams plus partners to ensure gender mainstreaming in the organization.
Provide gender related reports for internal and external stakeholders and championing gender mainstreaming in program design and delivery.
The position is responsible for providing technical and strategic support to Action Against Hunger Kenya Mission specifically fronting gender agenda which include proactively supporting the mission towards gender mainstreaming and integration in nutrition, WASH, FSL in order to achieve Gender Minimum Standards (GMS).
The gender manager will participate in project development including planning, development of innovative gender strategies, communication, monitoring and evaluation strategies in close liaison with the Health and Nutrition Coordinator.
The position will be responsible for overseeing adherence and implementation of Action Against Hunger Gender Mainstreaming Policy and Protection Against Sexual Harassment Policy (PSEA).
The Position holder will represent Action Against Hunger Kenya Mission in the Global Gender Task Force, Annual Gender Champion Workshop and Gender Working Groups.
He or she will provide technical support in knowledge product development and technical backstopping on gender issues including: conceptual clarity on gender mainstreaming, and inputs to independent research on emerging gender issues.
Develop collaborative working relationships with program and support teams at the national and county level to ensure gender integrations throughout the project cycle and within Kenya Mission operations.
The position holder will represent Action Against Hunger Kenya Mission in key strategic and coordination meetings/forums both at the national and county level which include: National and County Gender Technical Working Group, Global Gender Task Force, gender related conferences and Annual Gender Champion Workshop among others.
The gender manager will focus on strategic partnerships and relationship building on gender related matters with key stakeholders in the government institutions, donor community (GAC, USAID, SIDA), UN Agencies (UN Women, UNICEF, WFP, UNFPA), like-minded NGOs and private sector
Develop knowledge products to strengthen Action Against Hunger capacity to provide technical backstopping on gender issues including: conceptual clarity on gender mainstreaming, and inputs to independent research on emerging gender issues
Lead the preparation and finalization of reports on gender mainstreaming
Conduct a desk review of existing studies that examine roles of women, men, boys and girls in various sectors relevant to Action Against Hunger - Kenya programming. Compile existing evidence base to inform project activities and identify information gaps to be filled by project data collection activities.
Develop a case study documenting the learning from the initiative with a focus on programmatic as well as institutional dimensions, reflecting on processes and lessons learned.
Develop tailor made guidelines/checklist for gender mainstreaming in terms of program/project design, implementation and evaluation and ensure compliance with the Gender Minimum Standards (GMS).
Essential job functions
● Provide technical support and build the capacity of County and sub-county staff in consolidating, validating and analyzing of data disaggregated by sex, age and other diversities.
● Facilitate the transfer of gender information and updates between the Gender task force and Kenya Mission.
● Proactively assist the Kenya Mission to achieve the Gender Minimum Standards (GMS)
● Ensuring that corrective action points done based on monitoring data.
● Prepare and disseminate gender assessment data at appropriate national and
● Motivate and engage peers to share ideas and engage with the Gender Agenda.
● Advocate with donors and other partners including governments for support of gender related activities including gender mainstreaming in respective program/project delivery.
Budgeting of gender related activities/ interventions and ensure implementation of these activities within budget, scope and time.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
● The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
● Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business travel as well as to the country offices if appropriate. Based on the country office needs, the time spent on field trips will be a minimum of 70% of his/her working time and 30% in coordination office. While visiting the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
Gender Equality Commitments & Zero Tolerance to Abuse
● Foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal access to information.
● Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
● Promote a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all stakeholders, particularly for children, beneficiaries, and members of staff.
● Help to prevent any type of abuse including workplace harassment and sexual abuse and exploitation.
● Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion, race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
● Value and respect all cultures.
Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
● Degree in Social Sciences, Anthropology, Gender and Development Studies or other Social Sciences related discipline.
● Minimum 2 years work experience on similar position with similar setting and responsibility
● Experience in program or project design
● Knowledge of main donor requirements in terms of gender integration including GAC, USAID, OFDA, DfiD, ECHO, EU donors, etc.
Required Skills & Competencies
● Superior communication and writing skills
● Demonstrated analytical skills both qualitative and quantitative approaches
● Possess good knowledge in advocacy
How to Apply
All candidates should apply email address:
email@example.com . Closing on 13th September 2020 at 6:00pm.
Action Against Hunger-Kenya Mission provides all staff with an attractive salary & benefits package. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Action Against Hunger-Kenya Mission complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.