Absa Bank Limited Branch Manager – First Assurance Jobs in Kenya
Absa Bank Limited Branch Manager – First Assurance Jobs in Kenya
Job Summary To maintain a customer relationship portfolio of major customers within the retail segment in respect of their business requirements including maximizing customer sales, service and profit performance at First Assurance Kenya at branch level.
Employ, devise and deliver a wide range of agreed marketing strategies and initiatives to support the achievement of the set business strategies.
Define and position the branch so it can compete in their chosen markets, delivering growth in the customer base and income targets
Relationship Management (35%)
• Establish and maintain professional relationships through networking with key stakeholders including intermediaries within the retail segment.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with key internal stakeholder & role players through networking and attending key business events.
• Apply for membership at relevant industry bodies as agreed with the line management to build relationships with key players in the industry
• Host regular and relevant functions (as agreed with line management) to seek opportunities to develop strong relationships and business bonds
• Manage the relationship with key regional stakeholders through networking in the region to ensure optimal value add of business development through established relations with intermediaries and clients within the retail space to ensure the continuous enhancement and improvement of customer retention initiatives.
• Sustain and uphold already established relationships with existing agents by coordinating the team to conduct scheduled visits, answering queries and to position the company as the go to insurer.
Revenue Growth and Profitability (40%)
• Implement cascaded / agreed business acquisition strategic plan by growing GWP in line with the Company’s growth strategy for the retail segment through retention, generic growth and acquisition of new business.
• Acquiring and developing new key accounts and strategic partnerships by reactivating dormant accounts.
• Drive First Assurance profitability objective by growing a balanced portfolio within the retail segment by initiating partnerships to drive profitable products with key partners alongside other initiatives.
• Organize training of intermediaries and clients within the retail segment to increase understanding and uptake of the company’s products
• Manage agreements with channel partners and ensure consistent compliance by all parties.
• Support new product development / product review by seeking for gaps / solutions in the market guided by technical feasibility, commercial viability, market compatibility and ensure alignment with customer requirements, financial attractiveness and product development guidelines.
• Support with collection efforts and ensure compliance with the company’s credit policy
• Use strong negotiation skills, to ensure that the appropriate targets, pricing and Margins are secured for business development opportunities.
• Adhere to the new channel development framework.
• Co-ordinate, manage and represent Business Development interests on the relevant forums by driving key agenda points for First Assurance Kenya.
• Deliver on long term growth, profitability and sales targets by means of acquisitions and specific business development interventions,
• Source new business by engaging with other internal BU’s and enlist buy-in of relevant role players in order to identify and capitalize on potential leads
• Engage with Intermediaries to maintain visibility and advance regional channels footprint with a partnering intent of growing market share in the given sales area.
• Collaborating with Management on
topline goals, planning, forecasting and maintaining short and long – term business development plans in line with the retail business strategy.
• Prepare monthly business development reports detailing initiatives, performance and other related projects/activities.
• Ensure top notch customer experience is provided to all business partners across the entire retail channel
Market Intelligence (5%)
• Collect market intelligence through research by reading articles, publications, internet, word of mouth and networking on a daily basis to keep abreast of market developments.
• Assess market opportunities with respect to competitor sales sources by remaining in touch with market forces and influences
• Manage knowledge capital by collecting, categorizing, storing, protecting and distributing the results of market research.
People Management (15%)
• Oversee the activities of the Branch to ensure effective delivery of business plan.
• Develop a high performing team by embedding formal performance development and informal coaching.
• Encourage frequent knowledge sharing between team members.
• Determine and analyze development needs for the team and ensure that identified training requirements are budgeted for and executed.
• Establish and maintain a succession plan for the team.
• Interview and recruit new members of the team, including determining appropriate compensation levels with input from Human Resources.
• Create effective workforce and recruitment demand plans to ensure that current and future business requirements can be met. Plans should be revised at least twice a year
• Review and update the department’s organization structure and role description on at least an annual basis to ensure that they are fit for purpose and contain all the accountabilities of each team member.
• Motivate to and obtain approval for any additional headcount for the team.
• Approve leave requests for team members and create leave plan to ensure adequate coverage
• When required, initiate disciplinary processes for team members calling on support from Human Resources.
• Resolve grievances raised by team members and escalate only if required.
• Address poor performance of any team member through formal laid down process.
• Manager staff development and performance.
• Motivate team members and ensure that their efforts are recognized.
• Participate in the creation and implementation of Employee Opinion Survey (EOS) Actions
Operations & Compliance (5%)
• Actively keep up to date with all relevant knowledge, legislation and developments within the business unit and insurance industry that may have an impact on the Business Advantage
• Plan, assign and allocate funds for events plans, or promotional items required
Risk & Control
• Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Bachelors Degree and Professional Qualifications: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Absa Bank Limited Branch Manager – First Assurance Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to NGO Jobs in Africa.