The Mastercard Foundation has partnered with the University of Cape Town (UCT) to provide 338 scholarships over 10 years to academically talented yet economically disadvantaged students from Sub-Saharan Africa for study at UCT.
The Scholars Program is a $700 million initiative to educate young people – particularly from Africa – to lead change and make a positive social impact in their communities.
Scholars will receive comprehensive scholarships, academic support, peer mentorship, career guidance, internship opportunities, transition-to-work support and access to a global alumni network.
Over the 10-year period (2014 – 2024), sixty students will be awarded scholarships to complete an undergraduate qualification and 240 students will be awarded support to obtain qualifications at Honours (as of 2016) and Masters level.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet all the eligibility criteria, including the admission criteria for their chosen course of study at UCT.
- In order to be considered for the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cape Town, applicants must be:
Honours applicants will be considered from 2016.
Although each academic department has its own criteria, a minimum of 60% for the Honours, or equivalent degree is the overall academic criterion required for entry into the Masters’ degree.
For Masters level the scholarships tenure is two years, dependent on academic progress and co-curricular participation of the Scholar.
Applicants must have applied to and been accepted for a course of study at UCT before they apply for the Scholars Program.
If you fulfil the eligibility requirements please follow the process below to apply:
1. Review the study options and admissions requirements at UCT and decide which faculty and degree programme you wish to apply to.
2. Obtain proof of English language proficiency (see How to Apply for further instructions).
3. Write the National Benchmark Tests (for applicants from South Africa, or if you are an applicant from any country and intent to the Faculty of Health Sciences).
4. Collate the necessary documentation to support your application, including evaluation of any previous university level qualification by the South African Qualifications Authority, additional portfolio requirements for degrees in Fine Art or Architecture, and matriculation exemption documentation.
5. Apply online to UCT.
6. Apply online for firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Application Deadline: August 31st 2018.
For more information and application details; see - University of Cape Town MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2019 for Study in South Africa (Fully Funded)
Scholarships for Study in Africa » Scholarships for African Students » Undergraduate Scholarships » African Women Scholarships & Grants » Developing Countries Scholarships » Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Developing Countries » Fellowship Programs » Funding Grants for NGOs » Government Scholarships » LLM Scholarships » MBA Scholarships » PhD and Masters by Research Scholarships » Public Health Scholarships - MPH Scholarships » Refugees Scholarships » Research Grants » Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships in Australia » Scholarships in Austria » Scholarships in Belgium » Scholarships in Canada » Scholarships in Germany » Scholarships in Italy » Scholarships in Japan » Scholarships in Korea » Scholarships in Netherlands » Scholarships in UK » Scholarships in USA