The scholarships will cover all direct university costs, stipend and research costs as stipulated by the registering university.
Applicants are kindly requested to note that:
1. MSc candidates must fulfil the minimum admission requirements of the University of Dar es Salaam.
2. PhD candidates may register at the University of Dar es Salaam, Stockholm University, Beijer Institute of Ecological Economics, School of Life Sciences, Södertörn University College; Centre for Image Analysis, Uppsala University, Sweden; and must fulfil admission requirements of registering University;
3. Priority research areas are Fisheries (biology, stock assessment and economics), aquaculture, marine natural products and computer/mathematical modelling of ocean and coastal circulation, marine and coastal ecosystems and ecological and environmental modelling.
All of the studies must take account of Global Climatic Changes and Variability, Sustainability and Ecosystem Based Management
4. Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply;
5. Age limit for suitable MSc and PhD candidate is 30 and 35 years, respectively.
6. Application forms can be downloaded from www.ims.udsm.ac.tz
7. Application letters must be accompanied by photocopies of your certificates, academic transcripts, birth certificates or affidavit, names and addresses of at least two referees (one of whom must have been your major subject lecturer) and indicate their reliable contact telephone numbers and/or e-mail address.
All enquiries for additional information and applications should be forwarded to:
Director, Institute of Marine Sciences,
University of Dar es Salaam, Mizingani Rd.,
P. O. Box 668,
ZANZIBAR - TANZANIA;
Tel. (024) 2232128/2230741,
Fax (024) 223 3050,
E-mail: director [at] ims.udsm.ac.tz;
For more information and scholarship application, visit their website: Master & PhD Scholarships in Marine Science in Tanzania and Sweden