The Department of Crop Sciences, University of Zambia, has received a grant from Melinda and Bill Gates Foundation through Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) to support a limited number of fellowships for a masters degree programme in Plant Breeding and Seed Systems tenable at the University of Zambia.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
1. SADC citizens in the following countries- Zambia, Mozambique and Malawi.
Requirements for Admission:
1. Possess a degree of Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences with credit or better from the University of Zambia or another recognized University: or
2. Or have qualifications deemed equivalent to the degree of Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences with credit or better;
3. Have had three (3) years of experience after receiving the degree of Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences; or otherwise
4. Satisfy the University Senate of their ability to pursue postgraduate studies in their fields.
The scholarship will cover tuition, stipend, medical insurance and cost of field research.
The application includes, a brief Curriculum Vitae of NOT more than 2 pages and the names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of 3 referees, a letter of motivation of one page and a nomination letter from the current employer.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The application fee is K120, 000 for Zambians and US $ 60 for non- Zambians,payable to DRGS.
Closing date for applications is 31st March.
Application forms can be obtained from the Directorate of Research and Graduate Studies (DRGS) UNZA or download from: University of Zambia Website
More: University Scholarships » Graduate Scholarships » Scholarship Grants
Current Scholarships 2023/2024 - Fully Funded
Full Undergraduate Scholarships 2023 - 2024
Fully Funded Masters Scholarships 2023 - 24
PhD Scholarships for International Students - Fully Funded!
Funding Opportunities for Journalists 2023/2024
Funding for Entrepreneurs 2023/2024