Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria:
To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement criteria below.
1. The student is registered to attend a graduate school in Japan and does not possess Japanese citizenship. His or her academic achievement as well as moral character is exemplary. He or she must be considered to be in need of financial aid due to extenuating financial circumstances.
2. The student must be registered to attend or have been accepted to attend a graduate school after April 1. He or she must be able to provide any of the following documentation: a certificate of enrollment, letter of admission or a letter attesting to the fact that the student has been accepted.
3. To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must be aged 35 and below. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must be aged 30 and below.
4. The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in his or her home country after graduating from a graduate school.
5. The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and be committed to make his or her contribution.
6. The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese.
For more job information and application, see: Honjo International Scholarship Foundation