Gates Vaccine Innovation Award
Healthcare Innovation Award » International Grants » Non Profit Awards
Gates Vaccine Innovation Award: Nominations are invited from around the globe for Gates Vaccine Innovation Award offered by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The objective of this award is to recognize and celebrate revolutionary ways children in the poorest parts of the world are immunized.
Each year, foundation recognizes the award winner by providing the winner(s) and, in most cases, an organization that works to advance the improvements or innovations highlighted by the award with a shared $250,000 prize.
The recipient will also be recognized by foundation leadership as well as with a feature on the innovation on the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation website.
Eligibility & Criteria-
- The Gates Vaccine Innovation Award is open to individuals from any discipline. Candidates from academic institutions, governments, health care facilities, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for-profit companies may be nominated.
- Nominations must be related to vaccine delivery
- Nomination forms must be completed in English
- The three essay questions should be answered within the font and word-limit requirements.
Nominees will be assessed on three broad criteria
- Developing country impact – The nominee should have contributed to the prevention, control, or elimination of vaccine-preventable disease through significant improvements in immunization quality and coverage among mothers and children in developing countries.
- Innovation and creativity – The nominee should have applied imaginative and pioneering approaches to overcome difficult challenges to immunizing children and achieving impact. Innovation is not the same as invention. Even simple ideas applied in creative ways to overcome real-world challenges can be considered innovative.
- Scale – The nominee’s innovation should be at scale or suitable to be implemented at scale within the nominee’s country and around the world.
Follow the links below for more details and application contacts.
For further information and scholarship application, see; Gates Vaccine Innovation Award
More; Healthcare Innovation Award » International Grants » Non Profit Awards