Each year, young journalists or last year students of journalism from 18 countries are invited to the Foreign Correspondents´ Programme (FCP) organised by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
1. 20-25 years of age
2. Recently graduated or last year student of journalism
3. Ability to free yourself from work and studies in August
4. Good knowledge of English
5. Ability to adapt to a multinational group
The FCP covers the following costs for the participants
1. Return tickets to Helsinki from your hometown
2. A monthly pass for local transportation in Helsinki (will not be replaced if lost)
3. A single room (with shared facilities) in a student residence in Helsinki
4. One meal per day
5. The daily programme (all events, travel and transportation)
The applications must reach the Embassy or Consulate of your country/region by early March.
The interviews take place in April and the decisions are made in May.
The countries are usually chosen in October for the following year. You can check out if your country has been chosen for next year.
For more information and application, see: Foreign Correspondents´ Scholarship Programme
More: Journalism Scholarships » International Students Scholarships » Overseas Scholarships
Current Scholarships 2023/2024 - Fully Funded
Full Undergraduate Scholarships 2023 - 2024
Fully Funded Masters Scholarships 2023 - 24
PhD Scholarships for International Students - Fully Funded!
Funding Opportunities for Journalists 2023/2024
Funding for Entrepreneurs 2023/2024