These scholarships are awarded on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis.
Scholarships range between $500 and $2,000.
The mission of the sponsors of ELA Scholarships, Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation, Inc. (ELA) is to “Change the Face of Disability on the Planet.”
Through ELA, the foundation offers scholarships to women with disabilities who are currently pursuing graduate degrees.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
(1) The student must be a woman with a physical disability.
(2) The student must be currently accepted to a graduate program working towards a Masters degree or above in an accredited college or university in the United States.
(3) The student must be active in a local, state, or national disability organization - either in person or electronically - which is providing services and/or advocacy for people with disabilities.
(4) The student must be willing, as an ELA Scholar, to network with the ELA Board of Directors and previous ELA Scholarship recipients on our listserv.
This will enhance the ELA Scholar's support base in professional and advocacy arenas.
(5) The student must be willing, as an ELA Scholar, to update the ELA Foundation with an annual letter on September 1st of each year on her progress in her academic and/or working career.
Applications must be received in the ELA office no later than 5:00 PM on June 1st Pacific Time every year.
Deborah Lewis, Executive Director, Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation, Inc. 2460 North Lake Ave. PMB #128, Altadena , CA. 91001, executivedirector [at] ela.org.
For more information and application, see: ELA Foundation Scholarships