The Centre is being funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) under the Centres of Excellence for Teaching and Research to Train Future Leaders in Sub-Saharan Africa Initiative.
Applications are hereby invited from qualified persons for a 3-Year Full-time PhD Programme in Development Studies.
1. First degree (at least Second Class Lower Division)
2. Masters degree with research (MPhil.)
Young and dynamic graduates with MPhil. Degrees awarded within the last 6 years are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Applicants in Ghana and Ghanaians are required to purchase e-vouchers from all branches of Fidelity Bank, HFC Bank, Ecobank, and ADB and apply online (see School of Research and Graduate Studies website –www.srgs.ug.edu.gh and the main University’s website – www.ug.edu.gh for details).
Applicants outside Ghana and Non-Ghanaians should visit the School of Graduate Studies or the University’s website and download the application form.
After completion, the form should be sent to the address below with a non-refundable application fee of US$80 or its equivalent in international money order.
Applicants must in addition submit the following documents:
1. 2 copies of Certificate authenticated by institution awarding degree.
2. 2 copies of Transcript authenticated by institution awarding student academic results.
3. 3 Referee reports (one of which should be the applicant’s graduate supervisor).
4. A research proposal (max. 10 pages). Proposed PhD thesis topic must be formulated in reference to the crosscutting research themes of ISSER (visit www.isser.org for details).
5. CV showing academic and work experiences.
For more information and scholarship applications, see: DAAD Funded Development Studies Africa Scholarships