Closing Date: 28 May
Childline Kenya is a local non-governmental organization whose sole objective is to protect children from all forms of violence and abuse and to create a culture of children’s rights within Kenya.
In order to realize this objective, Childline Kenya is providing a 24-hours toll-free telephone helpline service for children in crisis through the number 116, which is free on Safaricom and Telkom Networks countrywide.
To respond to this plight, Childline Kenya will engage the services of a community Facilitator to organize, plan and disseminate information on the helpline in Nairobi, Eldoret, Kisumu and Nakuru.
1. A Bachelors degree in Social work or a related field from a recognized university.
2. Two years experience in community mobilisation.
3. Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
4. Familiarity with the child protection matters.
5. Good knowledge of computer applications.
6. Good report writing skills.
7. Creativity, flexibility and integrity while interacting with the community, partners, civil society and government institutions.
8. Skills in basic counseling and working with children.
9. Experience working in the IDP camps will be an added advantage.
The National Coordinator,
P. O. Box 10003-00100 NBI or