45University of Ghana Dean, School of Information and Communication Studies Jobs
University of Ghana Dean, School of Information and Communication Studies Jobs
Job Detail: The University of Ghana hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative positions in the College of Education, listed below to take effect from 1st August, 2022.
Objectives of the College: The College of Education shall advance the objectives of each of its constituent Units and by these specific objectives, to:
• Expose students to best practices in teaching and learning using the latest proven learning technologies and support the utilization of research both to inform teaching and to tackle the broader issues of education;
• Provide an expanded adult, continuing and distance education programme which would extend the reach of the University to student populations in formats which the face- to- face classroom learning cannot provide;
• Improve the understanding and practice of information and communication through effective teaching, learning and research;
• Equip practitioners in communication and information management with state-of-the-art skills and competencies to effectively serve the public; and,
• Provide tertiary education of the highest quality to advance Africa’s social, cultural and economic development achievable through the production of graduates, conduct of research and extension services for Africa and the wider international community.
The School of Information and Communication Studies is made up of the following Departments:
Department of Information Studies
Department of Communication Studies
Qualifications And Attributes
Successful applicants for the position of Dean:
• Must be of professorial status from an academic/research institution or a person from industry eligible for that position.
• Must be capable of providing academic leadership especially
in the area of teaching, research and extension in the relevant disciplines.
• Must provide evidence of managerial and administrative leadership and capacity to promote a collegial working environment in the School/Institute.
• Must demonstrate capacity to attract funding for research and development.
• Must have the vision and the drive to oversee the growth and development of the School/Institute.
• The Dean is responsible for providing leadership to the School/Institute and for maintaining and promoting efficiency and good order in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University Act and Statutes, or as may be determined by the Council, the Academic Board and the School/Institute Management Committee
• The Dean is to ensure that the approved programmes and functions of the School/Institute are duly carried out by members of the School/Institute.
• The Dean is also responsible for the general administration of the School/Institute in respect of human, financial and material resources within the general framework of University policy.
How to Apply
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to
University of Ghana,
P. O. Box LG25,
Find daily jobs in Ghana. Jobs - Ghana jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ghana job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ghana.
Jobs in Ghana - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ghana.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ghana posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best African Jobs.