U. S. Peace Corps General Services Manager Jobs in Tanzania
About the United States Peace Corps: The Peace Corps is an independent United States federal agency that has been working in Tanzania since 1961.
Peace Corps Volunteers work with governments, schools, and communities in the areas of education, health, HIV/AIDS, information technology, agriculture, and the environment.
About the General Services Manager Position:
The General Services Manager (GSM) manages Peace Corps logistical and support operations at post.
Other roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to following: (1) Real property management:(2) Personal property management; (3) Fleet Management; and (4) Procurement assistance.
This is a multi-function position requiring a great degree of energy, flexibility and organization.
The position reports to the Director of Management and Operations (DMO) and is based in Dar es Salaam
• Completion of secondary school: Advanced diploma in related field i.e., procurement, logistics, management) or University degree in a related field is preferred
• Five years serving in a similar management/supervisory position in the general services field including procurement and inventory management property management: fleet management: logistical management, and management of clearing and forwarding processes
• Practical demonstrated knowledge of procurement and inventory management best practices (US Government regulations in these areas preferred), working knowledge of fleet management (scheduling, fuel management and maintenance), and working knowledge of office and residential property management and maintenance
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office products (word processing, spreadsheets, Outlook email); Experience with inventory databases
• Language: Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
• Valid Tanzanian driver's license for a minimum of 5 years, demonstrated ability to drive manual 4x4 vehicles
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a medical clearance for driving . Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance from the U.S. Embassy
How to Apply
Applications must be received no later than 5:00PM on September 30, 2021. Please email a cover letter CV, copy of your driver's license, certificates, personal address and contact information along with the names and contacts of references to
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Best African Jobs.