Zambia Agency for Persons with Disabilities Director Rehabilitation and Research Jobs
Zambia Agency for Persons with Disabilities Director Rehabilitation and Research JobsJob Details: The Zambia Agency for Persons with Disabilities is a Government Agency, established under Act No. 6 of 2012. The agency is mandated with the responsibility of coordinating and providing services to persons living with disabilities. The Agency is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the following positions:
Director Rehabilitation and Research
ZAPD seeks a senior professional with a global vision committed to human rights, especially for persons with disabilities to effectively develop innovative approaches, relationships with various stakeholders, government line Ministries, donors and other partner Civil Society Organizations (CSO); and is persistent and determined to fight for the rights of vulnerable people especially for persons with disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Promote the Mission, Vision and values of the Agency
• Design, develop and lead the implementation of rehabilitation and disability developmental programmes as appropriate
• Facilitates research in rehabilitation and disability management through creative solutions and sustainable empowerment of Persons with disabilities
• Sets standards in leadership to mentor, support and equip staff to do their work and achieve Agency’s objectives and goals.
• Plan and coordinate orientation and in-service training for interns and volunteers
• Ensure that the Disability Management Information System (DMIS) is functional and used by the Agency and partners for expected results, learning and accountability
• Ensure effective Financial and resource management including preparation of annual budgets and operational plans
• Create networks with other organisations, government, partners and donors for purposes of advantageous collaboration, best practices and information sharing.
• Oversee Habilitation and Rehabilitation of all categories of persons with Disabilities.
• Facilitate the registration of persons with disabilities, Associations of and for persons with disabilities and Institutions providing rehabilitations to persons with disabilities
• Facilitate the maintenance of case records for clients and make referrals were necessary to appropriate institutions.
• Facilitate for assessment of clients in order to come up with appropriate interventions.
• To maintain accurate statistical records for purposes of planning, promotion and evaluation of services for persons with disabilities as well as submission of progress reports to relevant persons and authorities.
• To develop an awareness program on the prevention and the management of disability.
• Facilitate Research in to the incidences and causes of disability.
• Facilitate research in new methods of Rehabilitation and disability management.
• Facilitate research in assistive devices and assistive technologies
• Oversee Schemes and Projects for self-help employment, regular or sheltered employment for persons with disabilities.
Qualifications and Relevant Skills:
• Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Disability Administration and Rehabilitation or any related discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years post qualifying experience in the same field.
• Experience in project management
Competencies / Personal Attributes
• Computer literate with good organizational and communication skills
• Good facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical skills
• Must be mature and self-motivated
• Ability to work in a stressful environment
• Management and leadership skills
How to Apply
Women and Persons with Disabilities who meet the essential criteria are encouraged to apply. Applications together with certified copies of relevant qualifications, curriculum vitae with three traceable referees and a day time contact number should be submitted by Friday 13th August, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.