Youth for Tax Justice Project Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Youth for Tax Justice Project Assistant Jobs in UgandaThe Youth for Tax Justice Network (YTJN) is a registered non-profit, pan-African youth organization working towards promoting youth participation and engagement in influencing Africa’s financing for development agenda in areas like tax justice, debt management, natural resource revenue management, the fight against Illicit Financial Flows (IFFs), fighting climate change among others.
The YTJN’s secretariat is based Uganda with a presence in Botswana, Burundi, Kenya, Lesotho, Rwanda and Tanzania.
The Project Assistant will assist the Project Coordinator in the overall implementation of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the program manager and the Team Leader/Project Coordinator, the Project Assistant will carry out the following tasks:
• Assist the Project Coordinator in the overall implementation of the project;
• Assist the Project Coordinator in overseeing the activities of the consultants and country coordinators;
• Assist the Project Coordinator in coordinating the implementation of the project with the other partner agencies, governments agencies and CSOs;
• Assist the Project Coordinator in convening and reporting periodically on the status of the project to the Fiscal Host and Diakonia;
• Assist the Project Coordinator in monitoring the progress of the project;
• Assist the Project Coordinator in monitoring of the procurement of equipment needed for implementation, mapping and monitoring of the project;
• Assist the Project Coordinator in the establishment of networking system among project rights holders and partners
• Assist the Project Coordinator in the preparation of the M&E system for the project implementation and impact/benefit assessment;
• Assist the Team Leader/Project Coordinator in the preparation of the project midterm and completion reports;
• The assistant may be required to travel
• Perform other duties of similar nature assigned by the Programs officer and Project Coordinator.
Functional and technical competencies
• Knowledge in office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
• Good communications and interpersonal skills;
• Excellent analytical skills;
• Attention to detail.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Arts and Humanities
• Qualification in project management would be an added advantage.
• With 2 years of experience on project management and previous experience in writing project reports.
• Fluency in the English, knowing an additional language(Preferably French, Kiswahili or Shona ) would be an added advantage
Changes and Amendments
This job description may be amended by YTJN after consultation with the employee and the supervisor.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Youth for Tax Justice Project Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.