Youth Advocates Ghana Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Jobs
Youth Advocates Ghana Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Jobs
Organization Context Youth Advocates Ghana (YAG) is nationally recognized youth-led non-political, Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) located in Nsawam in the Eastern Region of Ghana. Formed in 2011, it is registered with Registrar General’s Department (Registration No. CG 000722012) and with the Department of Social Welfare (Registration No. D.S.W/5450).
YAG was formed out of the need to meet the challenges confronting children with respect to sexual abuse and its related consequences. It did so through awareness creation sessions and training programmes and counselling for affected children, their parents and communities.
For the past 8 years, YAG has scaled up its programmes and activities to cover domains like education (scholarship for children), and health (sexual and reproductive health). It has also expanded the target scope from the children to the youth, noting the challenges that especially confront the adolescent and young girls.
YAG has gained experience and credibility in these areas of programme implementation and have extended this to the international arena, currently accredited to International Youth Federation and serve as the Secretariat and the host of the African Youth SDGs Summit, a continental platform promoting the active participation of the youth in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Agenda 2063 of the African Union.
Rationale And Assignment Context
Youth Advocates Ghana-YAG launched its strategy plan for the period 2019-2024 anchored on four strategic goals:
• G1. Enable the youth/young people to make informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive health and ensure that their human rights are respected, protected and fulfilled
• G2. Empower young people to participate and hold duty-bearers accountable to ensure equitable and sustainable services for children and youth
• G3. Provide educational and skill (enterprise-based) support for the development vulnerable children and youth
• G4. Strengthen the organization’s capacity to effectively and efficiently plan and implement programmes and projects.
YAG during this strategic period will develop a three year-rolling plan with accompanying budget and resource mobilization plan. YAG, like many other NGOs/CSOs depends on donors to finance its core activities. The over dependence on donor support could have negative impact in the event of reduction in donor support. Consequently, a significant amount of resources including time would be devoted developing fundraising strategy for implementation.
As part of this process, YAG is looking for someone with expertise and experiences to work alongside our staff and volunteers to identify sources of funding in-country and external and develop capacity for proposal writing towards accessing these funds and explore other private and income generation activities for self-reliance.
YAG is aware of the enormous challenges that affect adolescents and youth, especially young girls in poor and traditional households and communities. YAG is aware that working alone on these challenges will not be easy and cannot make any significant dent on the challenge with even if it has all the resources available.
However, working together with organizations, both
national and international, who share in values and approaches, they could make significant impact on the challenges, drawing on their areas of strength to complement each other’s efforts. To this end YAG will form strategic partnerships and work in strategic alliances to undertake fundraising through proposal development, organize joint education and advocacy programmes among others to address challenges adolescent/youth faces in this country.
Qualifications and Requirements
Language Skills: English (Mandatory), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of Expertise: Resource mobilization, proposal development, business development, partnership and donor management.
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree is required. A degree in education, international relations, business administration, political science, or a related field is preferred. Enrollment in a graduate school programme or advanced degree a plus.
• Strong presentation, writing and negotiation skills, including the ability to elaborate partnership projects and grant proposals.
• Must possess an ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, and work well with others in a fast-paced environment. Should be able to organize and prioritize own work with limited supervision.
• Sense of initiative, discretion, mature judgment, and entrepreneurial spirit is required.
• Capacity to effectively interact with a multiplicity of stakeholders including senior leaders.
• Innovation and strategic thinking are highly valued. Strategy consulting background or experience in an innovative environment are a plus.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and quickly developing organization. Therefore, aspects of the job specification may adapt over time. While not exhaustive, the following list of responsibilities gives an overview of the key aspects of the role:
• Understand YAG´s partnership needs and opportunities based on the strategic plan. Together with the organization team, lead the development and implementation of the annual partnership strategy including:
• Assisting the YAG’s team with ongoing partnership initiatives and resource mobilization strategy.
• Undertake donor scanning including identifying promising partnerships and funding opportunities and compiling a database of private sector entities and philanthropies/foundations with focus on youth and Africa.
• Generating leads and opening conversations with key contacts
• Representing the organization in meetings and events
• Jointly develop the proposals and presentations to enable partnership opportunities
• Following-up on conversations and processes
• Identifying best practices and incorporating new ideas for partnership building
• Develop a training and capacity building for the organization staff and volunteers on partnerships, proposal writing and other organizational competencies.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their letter of motivation and CV to
Find daily jobs in Ghana. Jobs - Ghana jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ghana job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ghana.
Jobs in Ghana - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ghana.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ghana posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.