World Wide Fund for Nature Renewable Energy Officer Jobs in Uganda
World Wide Fund for Nature Renewable Energy Officer Jobs in Uganda The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world.
To implement clean and renewable energy projects hosted/ + supported by the Energy.
Climate and Extractives Programme at WWF Uganda Country Office (WWF-UCO) through developing and promoting access to cost effective and environmentally friendly energy solutions for domestic, institutional, and productive energy needs of the country.
Key Performance Areas
• Plans and implements renewable energy and climate change interventions supported by the programme within the Albertine Graben and at national level; Supervises implementing partners to ensure quality outputs and conservation impacts:
• Organizes and coordinates partners to implement renewable energy projects supported by the Programme
• Supports district local government, local CSOs and cultural and religious institutions to actively engage in implementation of the interventions towards increasing access to low-carbon energy alternatives
• Prepares training courses and workshops for a variety of partners and stakeholders within the Albertine Graben and at national level;
• Monitors progress of Implementation of renewable energy projects for greater conservation impacts.
• Develops policy recommendations, fact sheets, briefs. Press articles, and other media tools to promote renewable energy in Uganda:
• Assists in organization and implementation of awareness meetings, sensitization workshops, research studies, missions and other related events
• Prepares detailed and timely technical progress reports on the project, according to WWF standards:
• Supports the Renewable Energy Manager and the Energy Climate and Extractives Programme Coordinator in preparing proposals, reports and other documentation as required by WWF-UCO and partners
• Provides technical support during Programme planning and implementation processes
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies Required
• At least a Bachelor's Degree in Renewable Energy, Engineering, or Environmental Science,
• At least 2 years' experience implementing renewable energy (including biomass cook-stoves, solar PV, small hydropower. biogas, etc.) and climate change projects are a must.
• Experience working with local or international organizations and Successfully working closely with local communities and central government agencies on complex issues is a must
• Required Skills and Competences:
• Experience in environmental and natural resource management is an added advantage
Experience in implementing community mobilization, broad based awareness raising, advocacy, lobbying and capacity building (eg, training, workshop facilitation and capacity building) is preferable;
• A proven ability to work independently as well as in teams is desired;
• Strong interpersonal and networking skills are desirable,
• Experience in non-renewable energy (eg oil and gas) development issues is an added advantage.
Experience in managing donor funded conservation or natural resource management projects is an added advantage.
• Working knowledge of Swahili will be an added advantage:
• Computer literacy, familiarity with GIS applications Knowledge and ability and/or experience in development of fundable project proposals desirable.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Wide Fund for Nature Renewable Energy Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.