World Vision Technical Advisor Technical Assistance/Capacity Building – USAID Grant Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Technical Advisor Technical Assistance/Capacity Building – USAID Grant Jobs in Uganda World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose of the Position:
The Technical Advisor for Technical Assistance/Capacity Building will be responsible for the overall program implementation.
He/She Will oversee all the activities of the projects in all the regions, linking the project to the other stakeholders like Government and health facilities, managing relationships with the other implementing partners, making sure adherence to world vision policies and guidelines is strictly followed and compliance to USAID and donor regulations.
Will be responsible for reporting and accountability for all project funds.
Project planning and implementation
• Provide overall direction, technical and managerial oversight to SBCA team, partners, contractors and ensure functional networks at regional, district and health sub-district levels
• In conjunction with the Grants Management Unit, Support Office, and the Prime, to prepare annual work plans and provide day to day leadership for implementing team Provide ongoing program technical support, supportive supervision, guidance, motivation to ensure effective performance by project teams
• Manage and supervise WVU SBCA team, contractors and any short term technical assistance required to achieve project objectives.
• Regularly meet with SBCA project team, Prime and IPs (as may be required) and other partners to discuss issues, track progress, provide guidance and support and ensure consistent quality work performed; conducting performance plan and Reviews; communication, implementing and assuring adherence to USAID and World Vision policies, guidelines and values.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with all key Stakeholders – MoH, Prime, IPs, Regional and District leadership, DHO, CSOs, Donor and Beneficiary
• Institutions to ensure their full support for the implementation of SBCA activities With support of Grants Finance Manager, and Grants Management Unit, function as the primary contact person for WVU on all administrative and financial matters related to the SBCA project
• In conjunction with Grants Management Unit, and SO, make any amendments/adjustments (as may be necessary) and seek donor approval prior to implementation of changes
• Ensure project budget and finances and resources are managed within WV and donor guidelines
• In conjunction with grants Finance Manager, develop, disseminate and enforce good budget management/control ensuring project expenditure is in line with approved budget, and timely.
• Collaborate closely with Grants Finance to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting through complying with SOPs, joint FFR reviews and prompt feedback
• Support, and ensure active participation and supply of accurate and timely information during internal and external audits
• Develop, monitor and review project risks regularly ensuing timely reporting to management and addressing of any risks that may affect project performance
• Work with the Grant/Finance Manager to develop and administer SBCA contracting guidelines ensuring 100% compliance
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
• Work closely with SBCA project partners, and WVU Evidence and Learning team to determine, develop operational and M&E plans, assessments and , evaluations as required
• Work with other SBCA team members, project partners, and Grants Management Unit facilitate effective monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with agreed donor and WV standards
• Ensure timely submission of high quality monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Effectively document all information related to project success, innovations and
• promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms such as the “Experience Lab” or other mechanisms.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate project monitoring system to aid in effective management of project data as provided for by MoH, WV and donor
• Support monitoring of implementation of established guidelines and policies for critical
• milestones in the life cycle of all projects during surveys, reviews, evaluations and reports.
• Ensure timely notification to management, donors and SOs of any significant milestone changes in grants projects.
• Coordinate joint planning, and regular field monitoring visits to project areas, IPs and and other project partners to ensure timely and quality implementation that meet donor standards.
Technical Assistance//Capacity Building:
• In collaboration with the prime and partners Assess and strengthen capacity of SBCA
• staff, IPs and other partners in Social and Behavioral change approaches and other key standards/expectations
• Mentor, support and develop the capacities of staff, partners and on financial monitoring, record keeping and project management in line with WVU and donor compliance standards
• Closely liaise with the Prime and project partners to determine capacity needs and facilitate the rolling out of various capacity building initiatives for project staff and IPs
• In conjunction with the rollout and engagement specialist, and WVU Health Technical
• Lead and MOH, strengthen multi sectoral national and regional SBCA coordination mechanisms
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Post graduate qualification in public health, International relations and or other related fields
• At least Bachelor's degree in Social Science, Social Work & Social Administration,
• Development Studies, Social or Behavioral Sciences, Public Health, or related fields;
• At least five years of INGO field experience in a similar position/project: project management, proposal development (program narratives and budgets) and donor reporting.
• Knowledge of USAID regulations, procedures and requirements very important
• Experience working in health system strengthening, and knowledge of behavioral change communication and any other health related disciplines will be particularly important consideration.
• Experience closely working with coordination structures at Ministry and local government level
• Good understanding of Uganda’s health system including current priorities
• Excellent written and spoken English essential
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
• Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
• High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required
• Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day to day wor
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Technical Advisor Technical Assistance/Capacity Building – USAID Grant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.