World Vision Security Officer Jobs in Kenya
World Vision Security Officer Jobs in Kenya Job DetailsWorld Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Security Operations 30%
• Security Risk Assessments for all ADPs in the region are developed.
• Security Risk Assessments for all ADPs in the Region are reviewed and are current as per risk ratings.
• Recommendations in the Security Risk Assessment are implemented.
• Regional management is properly advised and guided in the event of security incidences.
• Contingency plans for all offices in the Region to include but not limited to Programme suspension, staff hibernation, relocation and evacuation plans are properly developed.
• Office assessments are periodically conducted to ensure that safety and security equipment are available and in serviceable condition.
• Developed Regional Security Annual Operating Plans aligned to the National Office Security Strategy.
• Contracted security staff in all regional offices are professionally managed.
• An inventory of all security communications equipment including satellite phones, HF and VHF radios in the region well-kept and maintained.
• All communication equipment in the region are serviceable.
• Staff movement during working hours is tracked to ensure safe travels
• Security investigations are conducted when required.
Strategy & Planning, 25%
• Develop Regional Security Annual Operating Plans aligned to the National Office Security Strategy.
• Periodically review Security risk rating for the region and ADPs in accordance with Core Security Requirements.
• Develop security plan for the region and each ADP.
• Develop and review security standard operating procedures for all offices in the region.
• Update core security requirements in the region as per security risk ratings to determine compliance levels.
Capacity Building and Technical Training 15%
• Staff in the Region have undergone the security training as per the security risk rating.
• Security training in the region is well organized and coordinated in liaison with the National Security Officer.
• New staff in the Region are well briefed on the security situation of the area of operation within 24 hours of arrival.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Minimum (2) years’ experience working with UN Agency / NGO plus field security experience.
• Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management
• Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training programs.
Qualification, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Criminology and Security Studies, Military Science, Security Management and Police Science, Security and Disaster Management, Forensic and Criminal Investigations or related fields.
• At least three (3) years’ experience in a proven security field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors).
• Military/Police/ any law Enforcement Training
• No previous criminal record or convictions.
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values.
• Proof of resignation and clearance from security services.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
• Ability to communicate well in English & Swahili (verbal and written)
• Professional - behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Security Officer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.