World Vision Regional Engagement Officer – USAID Grant Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Regional Engagement Officer – USAID Grant Jobs in Uganda World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Project Planning and Implementation
• Engaging the communities in the various regions and implementing all the social and behavior change activities.
• Responsible for working together with the District Officials to mobilize, sensitize
• and train communities on social and behavior change and reporting on the transformation indicators in their regions.
• Oversees the implementation of all social and behavior change activities for the project in the regions.
• Support development of SBCC strategies, materials, media, and implementation plans.
• Provide quality assurance and support to on-the-ground implementers
• Coordinate the review and adaptation of existing SBC capacity strengthening and tools for the project and local implementing partners as appropriate.
• In conjunction with the Grants Management Unit, Support Office, and the Prime, to prepare annual work plans and provide day to day support to the implementing team.
• Work with DHO, and DHEs to ensure their SBC plans are aligned to the MOH Health communications strategy
• Regularly meet with SBCA project team, Prime and IPs (as may be required) and other partners to discuss issues, track progress, provide guidance and support and ensure consistent quality work performed; conducting performance plan and Reviews; communication, implementing and assuring adherence to USAID and World Vision policies, guidelines and values.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with all key Stakeholders – Prime, IPs, Regional and District leadership, DHO, CSOs, Donor and Beneficiary
• Institutions to ensure their full support for the implementation of SBCA activities.
• With support of Grants Finance team and Grants Management Unit, function as the primary contact person for the project reporting matters, both narrative and financial related to the SBC Activity
• Ensure project budget and finances and resources are managed within WV and donor guidelines
• In conjunction with grants Finance Manager, develop, disseminate and enforce good budget management/control ensuring project expenditure is in line with approved budget, and timely.
• Collaborate closely with Grants Finance to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting through complying with SOPs, joint FFR reviews and prompt feedback
• Support, and ensure active participation and supply of accurate and timely information during internal and external audits
• Develop, monitor and review project risks regularly ensuing timely reporting to management and addressing of any risks that may affect project performance
• Work with the Grant/Finance Manager to develop and administer SBCA contracting guidelines ensuring 100% compliance
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Reporting
• Work closely with SBC Activity partners, and WVU Evidence and Learning team to determine, develop operational and M&E plans, assessments and , evaluations as required
• Work with other SBCA team members, project partners, and Grants
• Management Unit facilitate effective monitoring, documentation and reporting in compliance with agreed donor and WV standards
• Ensure timely submission of high quality monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
• Effectively document all information related to project success, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms such as “Learning Agenda” or other mechanisms.
• Support monitoring of implementation of established guidelines and policies for critical milestones in the life cycle of all projects during surveys, reviews, evaluations and reports.
• Ensure timely notification to management, donors and SOs of any significant changes project.
• Participate in joint planning, and regular field monitoring visits to project areas,
• IPs and and other project partners to ensure timely and quality implementation of the project in compliance with the donor standards.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• At least Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Social or Behavioral Sciences, Public Relations, Public Health, or related fields;
• At least 5 years' experience in working with communication programs including implementation of SBCC strategies.
• Experience working in health system strengthening, Behavioral change communication, and any other health related disciplines will be particularly important consideration.
• Understanding of behavior change communication theories.
• Experience and skills in using online and social media platforms for communication and promotional activities
• Knowledge and ability to plan and conduct participatory training activities
• Knowledge in USAID's administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems.
• Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs
• Ability to maintain donor relations through timely and appropriate communications.
• Requires excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Requires excellent communication and writing skills in English.
• Proficiency in Computer especially in Microsoft Office Suite and other programs relevant.
• Must be a committed Christian able to stand above denominational diversities.
• May occasionally require working beyond normal working hours.
• Perform any other duties as requested.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Regional Engagement Officer – USAID Grant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.