World Vision Project Officers Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Project Officers Jobs in Uganda
Purpose of the position: To oversee and ensure that all activities related to project are implemented in a timely and efficient manner according to the agreed World Vision Uganda, and Donor Guidelines, and provide leadership and coordination for all aspects related to project activities in the designated 10 districts. .
Project planning and implementation
• Implement all planned project activities with expertise and in a manner that leads to attainment of the project goal and outcomes.
• Keep records of all project activities including project assets under custody/use, beneficiary list, partner list, assets or inputs provided, activity and monitoring reports, lists of children benefiting from project, etc
• Regularly develop and share monthly activity plans with the project coordinator
• Ensure 100% implementation of the planned project activities on a monthly basis and that budgets are not under and over spent
• Develop activity and budget tracking tool, and use on a monthly basis to track and report on activity and budget management
• Map or identify key stakeholders/actors in the targeted district(s) to work with or support in the implementation of the planned field activities
Community engagement and advocacy
• Take overall lead in the coordination of field level activities
• Mobilize, organize and strengthen the identified and interested groups in to very strong local seed businesses- FMNRs are professionally organized
• Develop the capacity of each FMNR group to improve production and productivity of selected enterprise(s) through demonstrations and training on the technical aspects of FMNR- FMNRs are technically equipped
• Ensure Integration of the project activities with other internal and external programmes including that of governments at the area program level/district
• Build the capacity of FMNRs to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues- local level advocacy
• Mainstream gender, child protection, disability and sponsorship in to the project activities
• Facilitate small business development at the community level through business capacity and skills development of the project participants
• Represent World Vision Uganda in food security meetings at the sub county level when required
• Build strategic linkages, collaborations and networks with partners at the sub county/district level including strategically linking the FMNRs with other value chain actors
Documentation, Reporting and knowledge management
• Prepare high quality progress reports, both narrative and quantitative information. Ensure that all reports are delivered according to high quality standards and are always submitted on time as per WVU and donor requirements.
• Organize and conduct monthly and/or quarterly reflection meetings with project participants to address keys issues that will be emerging from the community related to the project and child well-being issues
• Document and sharing of stories of transformation/success stories and best practices on a monthly basis to promote learning.
• Organize quarterly review meetings for partners and communities to reflect on progress on project activities and sustainability strategies as well as create spaces and opportunities for action-learning and debate
• Monitor and report on achievement of output and outcome indicators as planned
• Facilitate monitoring processes of the project activities with partners and communities
Child Protection and Wellbeing
• Ensure a strict compliance to the WVU child safeguarding practices with respect to the child and adult safeguarding management policy, PSEA/code of conduct at all times; monitoring and reporting on compliance to child and adult safeguarding management policy standards in the project/project area.
• Mobilization and facilitation of communities, local organizations, local government and institutions to participate in Child protection
designs, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation including reporting on child protection priorities
• Facilitate child and adult safeguarding policy dialogues and campaign interventions by ensuring linkages and coherence in engagements within the project and Area and National level, in the context of integrated ministry.
• Work closely with the line supervisor(s) to ensure integration of Peace & Child Protection interventions in the project including uptake and effective roll out of CP project models and approaches
• Facilitate effective and meaningful participation of children as agents of change in all project interventions/processes in line with WV Child Participation guidelines
• Engage with project partners to assess and address the existing child protection related issues in the community and ensure appropriate and timely reporting/action is undertaken on CP incidents
• Facilitate proper formation of Child protection working teams/groups/committees in line with World Vision systems approach to Child Protection.
• Facilitate child protection advocacy campaigns and engagements at community level to ensure policy implementation and change
• Build multi-sectoral linkages and community based initiatives, networks and coordination mechanisms in establishing and strengthening child protection prevention, response and referral pathways to allow a more efficient access to services for the MVC.
• Build skills and capacity of communities, CPCs, Para-social workers to work with other local duty-bearers & service providers to understand and independently carry-out child protection actions to effectively respond to child abuse cases in line with standard case management procedures and principles
• Organize and facilitate child protection related research activities through focus group discussions and interviews, with the guidance of the line supervisor(s)
Budget and asset management
• Manage project finances in line with WV and donor policies
• Budget management and control- project budget expenditure is within the planned time frame and approved budgets.
• Provide required support during project audit
• Asset management - manage assets for the project in line with assets and other policy and set guidelines.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or agribusiness or any other relevant agricultural discipline.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in implementing agricultural projects in rural Uganda, most of which should have been as a direct field staff. Training and experience in implementing Local seed business is an added advantage
• Entrepreneurship, micro finance and strong agribusiness knowledge and skills
• Computer literate
• Writing and reporting skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s)
• Passion for children.
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Perform other duties as required
• Ability to ride a motor cycle and with a valid riding permit is a MUST
• Ability to speak the local language in the respective district is a MUST
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Project Officers Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.