World Vision Operations Manager Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Operations Manager Jobs in UgandaPurpose of the position: To lead the West Nile Refugee Response Operations Team, providing direction, oversight and coordination to ensure that all programs are implemented to achieve desired results while adhering to humanitarian standards, processes and budgets.
Leadership and strategy:
• Provide program oversight, ensuring the program is meeting accountability and international standards, goals and implementation objectives as per program strategy.
• Participate in strategic organization meetings and leadership forums including SLT, NO strategic planning and progress review meetings.
• Participate in forums to review and develop next refugee response strategy and plan
• Understand the needs and situation in the field and communicate these to the grants acquisition team through quarterly needs and gap analysis.
• Ensure that all emergency response projects have clear exit or transition strategies established and implemented during project implementation period leading to sustainability of project interventions.
• Advise the Regional Operations Manager and programme managers on the strategic direction of the emergency response.
• Develop and update organogram for the operations unit.
• Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performances reviews
• Supervise, hire and orient new team members as necessary.
• Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives
• Ensure 100% staff in your team take part in all the mandatory surveys and trainings e.g. Integrity Hero, ICT etc., Light 360 security course
• Develop and manage leave schedule for the operations unit.
• Develop a succession plan for all project level position and follow-up on coaching/mentoring plans.
• Lead effective planning (including staff, procurement and budget planning), management, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all projects in close collaboration with support functions i.e. finance, procurement, logistics, P&C Safety and Security and Administration).
• Ensure that the plans are implemented within overall timeframes, leaving room to adapt the process as necessary, bearing in mind this is a changing context.
• Provide regular feedback to key leaders in the areas of operation,
• Oversee the inception and transition of the projects including asset, staff and stakeholder management.
• Hold monthly finance and progress review meetings.
• Hold periodic risk management review meetings including audits to close out audit issues.
• Consolidate compliance issues for management support to improve program quality.
Networking and Collaboration
• Responsible for the initiation and maintenance of effective working relationships and communication with internal and external stakeholders including World Vision Uganda (WVU) staff based at NO, relevant departments and ministries of the Governments of Uganda, UN agencies and other key humanitarian agencies.
• Represent World Vision at local coordination and interagency meetings.
• Ensure regular flow of communication between field sites, program office, support offices and the greater World Vision Partnership.
• Build effective working relationship with partners who represent the community beneficiaries with whom World Vision is working.
• Negotiate, make agreements and understandings, and establish standards and working agreements.
• Participate in donor meetings at field or regional level, these include project negotiation, performance reviews and donor missions.
Monitoring & Reporting
• Facilitate effective monitoring, evaluation, documentation and reporting in line with agreed donor guidelines, templates and organizational targets and standards Oversee the development of and submission of quality project reports in accordance with donor guidelines and templates.
• Ensure MEAL findings are being implemented on a monthly/quarterly basis
• Provide internal monthly reports (progress against planned activities, expense against estimated budget, etc.) of program and grant project activities to the Regional Operations Manager as per agreed schedule.
• Conduct monthly project field monitoring visits to identify gaps and address field issues with staff, communities and partners.
• Resource Mobilization
• Participate in project design and engagement with strategic partners to ensure quality program development.
• Build staff capacity in grant acquisition and management (fundraising and donor engagement).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Postgraduate qualification in Humanitarian Emergency Affairs, International Relations, social sciences or a related field.
• At least 5 years field experience in a developing country programming context preferably in humanitarian relief and experience working in conflict/war zones with international consortiums.
• Clear understanding of the functioning of major UN agencies, international donors and governmental agencies in their respective programs, approaches and standards.
• Ability to relate and represent WV to these major program partners, in a professional manner.
• Experience in relief and development work using an approach of facilitation and empowering local communities.
• Ability to work without supervision, and demonstrate initiative and innovation.
• Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Requires good interpersonal skills.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
• Flexible, able to adapt style and management approaches to varied work contexts.
• Ability to train and supervise a multi-cultural staff.
• Must be prepared to travel and work in harsh and basic conditions.
• 3 years’ experience in middle or senior level management position with an International NGO
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Operations Manager Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.