World Vision Multi Sectoral Social & Behavior Change Advisor –USAID Grant Jobs in Uganda
World Vision Multi Sectoral Social & Behavior Change Advisor –USAID Grant Jobs in Uganda World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose of the Position:
The Multi Sectorial Social and Behavior Change Advisor will be responsible for providing overall
technical support to the Social and Behavior Change project activities within the project in close collaboration with the other project consortium members He/she will be very key in the process of
strengthening and streamlining multisectioral Social and Behavior Change structures at National
and regional level.
Strengthen multi sectoral coordination mechanisms
• Support SBCA project to identify the different multi sectoral Social and Behavior Change (SBC) coordination mechanisms in Uganda at national, regional and local levels
• Support CCP and other partners in assessing coordination structures – identifying strengths, weaknesses, needs etc. – and develop proposed support mechanisms
• Actively participate in strengthening and coordination meetings and major health SBC
• TWG meetings at the national level as well as functionalizing and establishing linkages with similar structures and at regional and district levels. Integration of SBC in ongoing programs
• Facilitate SBC capacity assessments for the coordination bodies, IPs and MoH including District health departments and other local structures
• In conjunction with the Technical Advisor Capacity building, and other SBCA teams, develop capacity building/strengthening plans for the different actors identified and according to capacity needs/gaps
• Provide technical guidance and planning expertise in the mainstreaming of SBC using targeted models such CVA, Channels of Hope, Timed and Targeted Counselling,
• Stepping Stone Methodology etc. thus creating demand and applied in ongoing partner activities
• Develop and/or review programme activity concept notes to ensure implementation is aligned to project theory of change and address key SBC technical needs
• Provide regular short-term technical assistance (STTA) to SBCA teams, IPs, MoH and other partners as may be required or as agreed to.
• Maintain good working relationships with all key Stakeholders – MoH, Prime, IPs,
• Regional and District leadership, DHO, CSOs, Donor and Beneficiary Institutions to ensure their full support for the implementation of SBCA activities.
Documentation, Reporting and Learning
• Work closely with CCP and all SBCA teams, and MOH/DHEHP and other partners to design SBC communication materials and strategies
• Worked with the M&E department and support project communications and field assistants to make sure that all communication strategies and activities are effectively monitored and evaluated and activities are adjusted or adapted according to findings to ensure maximum impact.
• Provide technical guidance in the design and implementation of inclusive health communication interventions
• Provide technical guidance on reporting and documentation of SBC activities in both donor & internal reports to the organization and stakeholders.
• Work with the Gender specialists to support advocacy activities aimed at ensuring gender issues are mainstreamed across all partner activities
• Develop and disseminate technical resources (e.g., training materials, SBC plans, strategy documents, work tools) and advocacy interventions.
• Support in documenting all information related to project success, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms such as the “Experience Lab” or other mechanisms.
• Work closely with SBCA project partners, and WVU Evidence and Learning team to determine, develop operational research and M&E plans, assessments and, evaluations as required
• Plan and participate and/or facilitate and ensure documentation for regular field monitoring visits to project areas, IPs and and other project partners to monitor utilization of acquired/agreed SBC knowledge or plans and provide STTA
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Post graduate qualification in public health, International relations and or other related fields
• At least Bachelor's degree in Social Science, Social Work & Social Administration,
• Development Studies, Social or Behavioral Sciences, Public Health, or related fields;
• At least five years of INGO field experience in a similar position/project: project management, proposal development (program narratives and budgets) and donor reporting.
• Knowledge of USAID regulations, procedures and requirements very important
• Experience and expertise supporting in Behavioral change communication for health and health systems strengthening will be particularly an important consideration.
• Experience closely working with coordination structures at Ministry and local government level
• Good understanding of Uganda’s health system including current priorities
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
• Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
• Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
• High-level of knowledge and practice with Word, Excel, Outlook, etc. required
• Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day to day work
• Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs Powered by TCPDF (www.tcpdf.org)
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Multi Sectoral Social & Behavior Change Advisor –USAID Grant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.