World Vision Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning Advisor Jobs in Kenya
World Vision Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning Advisor Jobs in Kenya Job DetailsWorld Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
To lead the establishment and maintenance of an effective reporting, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system, of the OVC Program.
She/he will ensure that the OVC project complies with all USAID reporting requirements for performance monitoring and evaluation and serve as the technical expert in all matters pertaining to evaluation, monitoring, program review, and other performance standard requirements relating to the USAID PEPFAR reporting strategy. .
Technical and Leadership Support, 30%
• Develop and update framework and system for Grant’s MEAL in accordance to the design document, donor requirements and World Vision Requirement
• Oversee and coordinate execution of key M&E components (assessment, design, implementation, baseline, monitoring, evaluation, transition, learning and documentation) across the sub-grantees with particular focus on results and impacts as well as lesson learnt
• Participate in development of the annual work plan and budgets, ensuring alignment with technical approach
• Take lead in conducting periodic peer reviews to check for alignment and compliance to USAID and WV Partnership standards
• Ensure that Sub grantees demonstrate required MEAL capacity and ensure that core information for grant management, partners, and funding agencies is available.
• Identify MEAL requirements that require consultancy or partnership, planned for and executed effectively.
• Put in place business process and guidelines to facilitate regular monitoring, tracking and evaluating the performance of sub-grantees.
• Conduct readiness assessment: the incentives at the system level, the beneficiaries and existing capacity
• Identify the need and draw up the ToRs for specific studies and action researches; procure, guide and supervise consultants or organizations that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating grant effects and impacts
• Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity through lifestyle and work relationships support spiritual development of his/her team.
Quality Assurance and Reporting, 30%
• Ensure the successful development, elaboration and roll out of implementation strategies and operational guidelines
• Coordinate and ensure timely submission of a quality and comprehensive progress report
• Guide staff and sub-grantees/implementing partners in preparing their progress reports in accordance with approved reporting formats and ensure their timely submission.
• Coordinate review and provision of timely feedback to the sub-grantees/implementing on the regular statutory reports
• Prepare consolidated progress reports for grant management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in the project implementation, and providing specific recommendations
• Undertake regular visits (including occassional integrated missions) to the field to support implementation of MEAL and to identify where adaptations might be needed
• Ensure internal control systems are implemented to mitigate risks and ensure accountability that will result in good audit ratings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Statistical training certification especially on data analysis, advanced excel, SPSS, On-line data collection platforms
• Experience in building capacity/Training of staff on relevant technical fields and especially on MEAL;
• Familiarity with and a supportive attitude towards processes of strengthening local organizations and building local capacities for self-management
• Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
• Experience in production of high quality briefs and reports
• Experience in publications of articles/journals
• Health related action research experience
• Project Management certification (PMP1 or PMD 2) is an added advantage
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Ability to take initiative, solve complex problems, exercise independent judgment
• Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts;
• Experience working in fragile and interfaith contexts.
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, or other relevant Social Sciences discipline
• Minimum of six (6) years working in monitoring, evaluation and research in the public health field, with progressively increasing level of responsibility.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders and familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements
• Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods including research/study design and implementation, design and data analysis, rapid appraisals, etc.
• Demonstrated hands-on practical experience setting up and managing Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Systems for Health Programs in developing countries.
• Demonstrated knowledge of management information systems (MIS).
• Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills, knowledge management and dissemination of research findings (in English).
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; World Vision Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.